Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Radeon Antialiasing

  1. #1

    Default Radeon Antialiasing

    I have a Radeon graphics card and would like it to do my antialiasing instead of FSX's antialiasing option. I unchecked Antialiasing in FSX SE and selected "Override application settings" in the Radeon control panel's Antialiasing section but it's not working. Does anyone have any experience getting a Radeon card to do the antialiasing for FSX?

  2. #2

    Default

    You looked here?
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...-working/page1
    Plenty of posts below your one too
    i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance mobo, Gainward Windforce GTX 960 OC 2GB, Windows10 64bit, 256mb Crucial SSD, 500GB Seagate HDD.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pomak249 View Post
    You looked here?
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...-working/page1
    Plenty of posts below your one too
    Thanks. I posted on that thread. My problem may have to do with using DirectX 10. Most of the Radeon anti-aliasing settings say "Only affects DirectX 9 applications."

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory_Douglas View Post
    I have a Radeon graphics card and would like it to do my antialiasing instead of FSX's antialiasing option. I unchecked Antialiasing in FSX SE and selected "Override application settings" in the Radeon control panel's Antialiasing section but it's not working. Does anyone have any experience getting a Radeon card to do the antialiasing for FSX?
    Which specific card - and what current drivers?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    Which specific card - and what current drivers?
    I have a Radeon RX 580.
    Driver: 21.1.1

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory_Douglas View Post
    I have a Radeon RX 580.
    Driver: 21.1.1
    Latest is 21.7.1, so you are several versions behind... possibly years!

  7. #7

    Default

    I updated to the latest drivers. Did not solve the problem.

  8. #8

    Default

    Just a thought - have you cleared your shaders folder? Might help?
    i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance mobo, Gainward Windforce GTX 960 OC 2GB, Windows10 64bit, 256mb Crucial SSD, 500GB Seagate HDD.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pomak249 View Post
    Just a thought - have you cleared your shaders folder? Might help?
    Yes, I cleared the shaders folder. It didn't solve the problem.

Similar Threads

  1. Question about Radeon 9800 128MB Pro and antialiasing
    By Wolfko in forum PC Hardware, Video And Audio Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 06:57 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 04:06 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2002, 09:48 AM
  4. Radeon 9000 / Radeon 9700
    By sorman in forum FS2002
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-11-2002, 07:25 PM
  5. Radeon drivers! Get your ATI Radeon drivers!
    By southie4 in forum FS2002
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2002, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •