Aerosoft Airbus 318/319/320/321 Flyers?

Rebrecs

Background: I did not know what I was getting myself in to when I purchased the 318/319 Add On Aircraft (DLC) for FSX:Steam Ed.

OMG

I hope to meet sim flyers who have this Add On Acft, and have actually gotten one of these into the air. My questions are so numerous that I will hold most of them for Airbus flyers willing to talk to me. Anticipating the questions 1) "did you try the Aerosoft forum?" and 2) "did you read the docs?"

The answers are yes, and I have read all of the Aerosoft Docs (not the real plane Airbus Docs).

I am working my way through the Tutorial Flight checklists (Vol. 6, section 5), and have not yet begun to taxi. I am stuck on the "Pitch Trim" checklist item at the moment.

I won't lay out all the details in this post. The person I need to talk to will know what I mean by that.

If nobody responds, I will send something much more detailed with screenshots etc. and hope for suggestions from the General Pop.

Also, for anyone curious about purchasing this product, be advised:

• It is only loosely integrated into FSX. Bolted on the side of FSX describes it better.
  • This Add On is no longer supported by Aerosoft.
  • The Add On is a great way to learn about what they crew is doing while you are stuffing your bag into the overhead and eating your sack of pretzels or peanuts

Since you have not posted any details, I'll guess you don't know which value should be set for trim. As far as I remember, I always set trim to 0.8 UP before takeoff, and I had no issues at all. How? Just use the joystick buttons you already have for trim. Set it and then forget it. You can check in either the lower ECAM (make sure flight controls are displayed there) or a scale in the left side of the #1 thrust lever. Where did I get this info? From the right MCDU>Fuel and Load.

I'm no longer flying these birds, since I moved to P3D4. But, since I use the Aerosoft Professional buses, the tips are the same (except that I must turn the trim wheel with the mouse).

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Since you have not posted any details, I'll guess you don't know which value should be set for trim. As far as I remember, I always set trim to 0.8 UP before takeoff, and I had no issues at all. How? Just use the joystick buttons you already have for trim. Set it and then forget it. You can check in either the lower ECAM (make sure flight controls are displayed there) or a scale in the left side of the #1 thrust lever. Where did I get this info? From the right MCDU>Fuel and Load.

I'm no longer flying these birds, since I moved to P3D4. But, since I use the Aerosoft Professional buses, the tips are the same (except that I must turn the trim wheel with the mouse).

Thank you. Between then and now - I have worked around the problem. I don't know exactly what fixed it, but I have learned there is a timing relationship between the automated checklist feature (co-pilot), Fuel and Load INIT LOADSHEET, and MCDU init and perf pages.

My workaround includes violating the volume 6 section 5 documentation's sequence of doing things.

So, how I do it (wrongly, according to docs) is:

1. Without fail - init the loadsheet before you do anything else. (which as you said contains the suggested Take Off Pitch Trim)
  2. Do the MCDU init pages
  3. Do the MCDU perf page for Take Off (
  4. Now turn on the automated co-pilot checklist feature and it will find everything it looks for. (including the venerable pitch trim setting)
  5. Now, I can start working on the MCDU flight plan while listening out for a checklist item I have to do.

I have flown a few successful flights and I LOVE the A319. I was looking for something bigger than a Lear Jet, but didn't like any of the business class Acft I had tried. This A319 is perfect for my application. So far it does not have the attributes I did not like with, say the Bombardiers or Canadian biz class birds.

Having said that, I have not flown it manually yet. It could be, the fly-by-wire attributes are what has enamored me.

I plan to get P3D soon. Its good to hear they have some Aerosoft stuff over there.

Thanks again,