Mach 1 Airport Scenery Question

littlerichard

If your problem concernes more than one of your Mach 1 airports then one of the possibilities is that your very specific original flood lighting apron textures are no longer present in the airport's texture folder(s). This causes FS9 to search for and to possibly find a texture with the same name in it's main overall texture folder. However, this general texture could have an ALPHA channel issue, as Steve0616 correctly points out, hence the black squares remaining visible in one or more of your Match 1 airports.

It's also possible that that the existing flood lighting textures in your airport texture folders are somehow suddenly missing their very specific ALPHA channels, e.g. because they have been converted from one compression format to another. Bulk conversion programs can often mess up such very specific ALPHA channels.

If you do not have much experience or knowledge with/about such texture issues, then you safest option would be to re-download/re-install these airports, unless of cause you have a good backup somewhere.

Good luck.

Hans

Thank you all very much for taking the time to read my post and answer my question! After all these years with FS9... it's always something and I am grateful to the kind folks on this forum who are willing to help. Hans, I appreciate your detailed response. Not sure what could have gone wrong with these specific sceneries as I didn't monkey with anything. In any event, sometimes the easiest answer as you suggested, is the most obvious one, right?... delete and re-install. Downloaded a new Mach 1 KRSW and what do you know? Looks good!

KRSW.jpg

This was the zip name, for anyone that doesnt already have the updates. Didn't know about the link issue.

m1dg_udp.zip

This is the readme, so I assume anything after 2008 is good.

Albany, Jax, and Birmingham have been redone since.

-----------------------------------------

M1DG Update Pack - v1 (May 9, 2008)

This pack will update the following ten sceneries to current M1DG standards.

ALB

AMA

AUS

BDL

BHM

IAH

JAX

LAS

RSW

SAT

All sceneries will get new night time ramp lighting and updated gate outline textures. Some will receive new roads and airport boundaries, meshes, land classes, and afcads. Houston will receive jetways (hooray, right?) and the Florida airports will get palm trees instead of the autogen trees that show snow in the winter time. BHM will get a small mesh update courtesy of William Morgan.

Installation is very easy. Inside each folder will be two more folders, one containing scenery files and the other containing textures. Simply go to your addon scenery folder, open each M1DG airport that you wish to update and overwrite the old files with the ones in this update pack. If for whatever reason that you do not like the updates, just re-download the scenery in its original form from avsim and re-install.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by ussmidway