Some Good News about Ocean Water (for me, anyway)

I have complained bitterly on this forum about the failure of MSFS to render ocean water realistically. Others have chimed in to agree, the common complaint being that you had to up the wind to absurd levels in order to see whitecaps, etc., and then you could not control a small plane in such wind speeds.

Well, guess what. Adobo (or somebody) seems to have fixed this, sort of. In the past week, I have been able to boost wind speeds to about 24-26 kts and see whitecaps without losing control of even small GA aircraft.

All is not well, however. Even at such wind speeds (with higher gusts), there seems to be no effect on my ability to control the plane, and it doesn't jump around, as it should IRL. But better is better!

After they fix the waves, I wish they would make waterfalls, actually fall.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

ASOBO have been gradually adding watermasking to a few more areas as time goes on. The sim is now beginning to look like the trailers in more and more places. It's a manual task that takes some time as I can tell yo from the experience of creating photoscenery of the Channel Islands for FSX. The watermasking around each of the tiny islands took me hours to do properly, though you can rush it if you want to but it won't look great.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

For me, getting bridges fixed would be nice :) but, it's a manual process and I can't even guess how many bridges there are in the world!

Heck, in the River City (Jacksonville, FL) there are over a dozen

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

For me, getting bridges fixed would be nice :) but, it's a manual process and I can't even guess how many bridges there are in the world!

Heck, in the River City (Jacksonville, FL) there are over a dozen

They’ll cross that bridge when they come to it :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

They’ll cross that bridge when they come to it :)

We're all in suspension until then ;)

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The ocean looked amazing when the game was revealed in 2020 but as we all know how that turned out (specially with masking in the tropics).

Right now the ocean is like smooth glass. Even more ridiculous are stationary rivers, no flow even. I hope they fix this because it ruins the immersion for low and slow flying.