Unable to load saved flights

This just started to happen in the past week with msfs. Saving flights had some known problems, but now when I select LOAD for a flight, it crashes immediately to desktop CTD. Happened first with a CJ2 then with A320neo.

Any ideas??

Edited by mjhopkins

Are you loading a flight created from the default map page or an external program?

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

This just started to happen in the past week with msfs. Saving flights had some known problems, but now when I select LOAD for a flight, it crashes immediately to desktop CTD. Happened first with a CJ2 then with A320neo.

I had exactly the same problem. I assumed it was probably something I had loaded into Community folder. I removed everything going bak 2 weeks and then re-installed one at a time expecting one to cause the CTD. Eventually all installed and no more CTD. No idea why but evrything is working fine now. Good luck.

The flight was from TXKF to GOOY. I created flight plan using the aircraft (A320neo) computer that included all the necessary parameters, including flight speeds, cruise altitude, approach etc... It seemed to be working just fine when I saved it, but immediately went to desktop when I came back and selected the flight (Enroute Gooy) to continue.

Found I had no problem saving and recovering two other single engine aircraft flights that really had no flight plan other than departure and destination... Wonder if the more complex flight plan had something to do with it on the Airbus and CRJ??

The CRJ's flight plan format isn't the same as the MSFS default format, you need to convert manually created CRJ flight plans to MSFS format.

For the A320, most people use either the default MSFS flight planner (on the World Map screen) or an external flight planner such as Simbrief, which can save flight plans in MSFS format that can then be loaded on the World Map screen.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yeah, I've had this problem, too. I believe I even sent something to Zendesk (a forlorn hope). But recently, my saved flight success has increased quite a bit, for unknown reasons. Someone on this forum told me that I should save flights as *.PLN files, and I have started to do that. You can't, of course, do that en route. But I am optimistic about recent successes. If you save your initial flight plan scenario as a *.PLN, you should then be able to save and store situations en route as *.FLT files and not have them CTD immediately.

Of course, the underlying problem remains. You should be able to save ANY situation as a *.FLT file and be able to reopen it reliably. But I can't. I believe I am now batting 500 on this; but it should be 1,000. (It used to be about 100, so things are looking up!)