Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSFS installation problem

Thanks Steve. for the link. The advice worked for about 3/4 of those responding, afterwards; but, regrettably, not for me...Also, thanks to Disneyflyer for his posts. Were you able to fully download, install and run MSFS?

I have visited a dozen or more web sites that said they could help visitors remove error code 0x80070424. I tried their suggestions (except those I thought might make things worse). None succeeded..I'm more convinced than ever that the problem is on the MS Store end, rather than the players. I hope Microsoft people read these posts and determine exactly where the error is occurring and get it corrected for all the MSFS buyers who should be able to re-install when necessary.

I also hope this problem doesn't get lost in the XBox frenzy; assuming MSFS on XBox is released tomorrow, as long announced...

All suggestions and idea always welcomed...Thanks in advance for all help...

Lee Graves

(Ryzen 5 3600 cpu; ASUS ROG B-550-F MB; 32 GB Corsair memory; GeForce 2060 video card; Sabrent 1 TB SSD; ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor; Updated Win 10; ANTEC case)

I was finally able to get mine to work. I had to call in an expert, my 23 old gamer kid to figure it out.
    There was something glitchy in one of the downloads from the updates from ASOBO. Not sure which one it was. When he gets back, Ill ask him. Right now I have 5 that are not installed. Think he said it was one of the ones from the most recent update.

In order to get it to work, he uninstalled again and then did the download from the Premium Deluxe version, not the basic. When I was trying to do it, it was the basic game and then downloading all the updates.

It took a while but finally back in the skies and just in time for the next update. But at least they say a performance increase on this go around. I have mine on high settings and usually average around 30FPS in most conditions. Im not 4k but I might switch to the new monitor and go ultra.

Thanks for the ideas, suggestions and help.
    ....Signature not required for delivery....
    **i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**
    **Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Yesterday, according to the Store, I installed and updated MSFS Standard (v1.8.13.0) and
    digital Ownership (v1.0.1.0). The Store did not put me through the usual installation (90 GB?) marathon. In fact, I was hardly aware the 2 programs had installed, until I checked "my library." It said both were installed and upgraded to the versions above. Are those, in fact, the correct new updated numbers?

The only new MSFS additions to my ComputerA I can find are the C:\Users\Lee\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe file (16KB) and the Digital Ownereship file (16KB). Is 1.8.30.0 the current MSFS version (including the latest update?)... When I checked, the used space of my local drive C (1 TB SSD) was about the same as it has been for days (I can't remember the earlier number, exactly). No big GB increase.

When the original program began crashing (during the "black screen" start-up) and I uninstalled it, my MSFS files on drive C were seemingly untouched (MSFS Games\Community; IVAO; Official) (166GB). They remain there...

So, I'm excited to start MSFS again. But, it's like a re-play of 2 weeks ago: Loading to the "black screen" and then it crashes!...The Task Manager showed the MSFS gpu drawing 90+% of capacity (like it always did in the past) and then quickly dropping to 0% as the program failed...After all the effort, I seem to be back where I started...Very close to getting MSFS to continue loading, before it crashes...

The mystery is, what's stopping it from completely loading?...And, where are the MSFS files kept that started the program? The Store did not seem to have downloaded them to my computer, as the original installation did...Were these retained, hidden on my computer? Are they being drawn from Cloud?...

I apologize again, for drawing out this thread. But, I'm determined to get myself and all MSFS buyers with a similar problem back in the simulation skies--if it's possible...

I hope Steve, The Plainsman, and others can help us...All suggestions and ideas welcomed and appreciated....

Lee Graves

According to the Store, my installed and updated MSFS Standard version number should be 1,18.13.0.

Lee Graves

Hi Have just installed the latest update .When I go to my content manager it mentioned some are partially installed.At the bottom is says install and delete.A I supposed to delete and then install? Thanks for any help.Fairly new with this sim.

Hi Tim--You've helped me in the past and I wonder if there is anything you might suggest I do to get MSFS fully loaded and running...Thanks for all assistance...

Lee Graves

Hi Lee, sorry to see you’re still having problems. The MS Store only installs a very small part of the sim (something like 1gb) you then have to run it to install the main part, but you you probably know that.
    What happens if you try running flight sim from the store? (there should be a “launch” button)

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks Steve, for getting back to me. My problem continues to be not being able to download and install either MSFS Standard or Digital Ownership programs. When I try, a progress line appears and the word "Downloading" shows above it. A few seconds after clicking to start the DL, it stops and "Error" appears. Clicking on that produces the 0x80070424 error...Removing this is my biggest obstacle to getting the programs on my ComputerA.

I have tried many, many suggested ways on the web to get rid of that error; with little success, Once, long ago, for some reason I do not know, downloading actually began and completed!--first for one and then the other program. When started, however, MSFS would not continue through the "black screen" to actually begin the 90GB(?) installation. I tried repeatedly and could not, despite a lot of different ways, get past the black screen...

I mistakenly believed I had permanently removed the error, and followed one "expert's" advice to "do a clean uninstall and re-install." Big mistake, I guess. Once again, 0x80070424 showed-up and has continued to do so ever since...The fact remains, however, I should be able to DL and install the programs whenever I want to--they're paid for and other buyers do it at will...What do you think?...

Apparently, no one on the Forum seems to have a solution and I regret taking up so much space and time here...I haven't given up; just discouraged I can't enjoy MSFS, like everyone else...

What are your thoughts Steve?...And, thanks again...

Lee Graves

Hi Lee, the error message is clearly to do with Windows updates. I know you’ve already tried many suggestions and may have already seen this, but if not...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ans...x80070424.html

You download the zip file.. extract it (or easiest way.. copy everything in it, to an empty folder. Then run
    the file w10-wuauserv.reg and click Yes when asked for confirmation.
    Then restart windows.. and you should be able to update it.... then “maybe” the downloads will work.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Lee,

I am having the same problem as you. My MSFS downloaded SU5 and and I was able to start the sim. But I was never able to get in the air after the SU5 update. I was doing some calibration of my flight yoke and closed the sim to go to bed. The next morning I got the Microsoft Store Gaming Services error when trying to load MSFS. I had left my computer on all night and no changes were made. I have been trying for a week now without any luck. Today I uninstalled MSFS and am stuck in the Windows Store unable to download MSFS. I am not getting the error that you get. Mine just says Starting Download but nothing ever happens. Digital Ownership just shows Pending. Nothing I do will get the download of either MSFS or Digital Ownership to happen. So you are not alone. I have no idea what to do next except repurchase from Steam. But then I don't know if all of my purchased content (airports) will work in Steam. Also I have really gotten fond of the FBW A320 and not sure if it works with Steam.
    Anyway you are not alone. Please let me know if you figure this out. And I will do the same. Oh yea I own the Standard Edition of MSFS.

Edit I forgot to mention that my computer is up to date with all Windows 10 updates as well as Store updates. I just did all that this morning. This one really has me scratching my head.
    Last edited by bam1220; 08-02-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast