Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSFS installation problem

Still trying to download and install MSFS, and the MS Store is still refusing to let me do it. This, despite the fact they acknowledge I am a verified MSFS Premium Deluxe owner and my designated computer and Local Drive C (32 GB memory and 1 TB SSD) is rated by the Store as "Status OK."

I apologize if some feel I am "beating this issue to death." I just hope some MS people who can help me (and other MSFS buyers like me, who are experiencing a similar disappointment) will read this thread and make it possible for us to start enjoying the program again...

I still wonder if I am the only one unable to download and reinstall the program. Has anyone on the Forum been able to reinstall MSFS recently?...I hate to think I'm MS's lone victim (LOL, kinda)...

Additional suggestions and ideas always welcomed...Thanks in advance for any help...

Lee Graves

Hi Lee, just to confirm.. you are trying to download the standard version, yes?
    You always download this and get the additional (premium deluxe) content later, from the content manager

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Steve, thanks for the reminder. Yes, I am trying to download and install the MSFS standard version...In checking the other forums, I found a poster who said the MS Store required him to install Digital Ownership before they would let him install MSFS. I've tried doing that, but was rejected, just like with MSFS. Do you think it's wise to try to continue trying the install both programs? ...

I'm being rejected for installation, with (error) "Code 0x80070424" being cited as a reason...I have submitted a number of "user problem" reports with the Store (MS?). The report forms all started with "Code 0x80070424," given by the Store...

Any additional suggestions and ideas are always welcomed...Thanks in advance for all help...

Lee Graves

That code is a Windows 10 repair code. Have you updated Windows? Maybe your Windows 10 has become corrupted?
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Thanks Plainsman--I checked and my Win 10 is up-to-date... When asked, I also added several optional updates; all of which failed to satisfy the Store...

The routine, after I click to "Retry installation of MSFS," is for the Store to indicate they are "Downloading," and then about 5 seconds later, say across the progress line (which never shows any progress), "Error - See details." Clicking that message produces the following: "Something Unexpected Happened" and the "0x80070424" error code. Also, a suggestion to either file an Error Report, or "wait a bit and try again." I've done both, quite a few times!...

I wish you would tell me what you make of all this? And, thanks again for helping...

Lee Graves

Hi Lee, sorry I forgot to mention Digital Ownership. Yes, you download that as well.. or at least you’re supposed to. I dont know what to suggest at the moment though (currently at work) hopefully the errors won’t be too hard to fix.. but I don’t know how just yet

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks Steve. confirming the need to download and install Digital Ownership. I keep trying to install that and MSFS Standard version, but continue to be blocked by the Store. I sent another Error Report, saying my Win 10 was up-to-date and my computer system already approved. I don't know what else to do...

I also called the Store (and MS) support phone number, but they do not seem to be allowing any "live" conversations with technicians--go to the web, they say...

No one on the Forum has said they have tried lately to install MSFS. I don't know if the Store is installing now, or not. Are other players being turned away? Or, am I the only one?

Anyway, I hate to see this thread drift away from lack of replies. I'm still hoping some MS people will read it and fix things so myself and those with the same problem get some help...

Lee Graves

(Ryzen 5 3600 cpu; ASUS ROG B-550-F MB; 32 GB Corsair memory; GeForce 2060 video card; Sabrent 1 TB SSD; ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor; Updated Win 10; ANTEC case)

Hi Lee, just found this which might help..

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/e...crosoft-store/

You’ll have to scroll down to the bit where it says “solution”
    Some say t worked for them

Regards
    Steve

I feel your pain. I started having issues about 3 days ago. I uninstalled last night and am downloading now. Did the reg version even though I have the Prem Deluxe. Im at 44.89gb downloaded and its only been 4 hours. I hope this fixes the problem.

The only thing I did to my sim prior to all the issues was to download (from the content manager) the updated airport about 30 miles from Corcheavaul, France. After I did that it has been all downhill. Really a bit of a bummer since I had 400 hours logged.

Time will tell....
    ....Signature not required for delivery....
    **i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**
    **Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

4 hours later and not much better. I was able to get to the main page and load up the Isafjodur landing challenge. It gets about 90% loaded and then CTD.

So very frustrating!
    ....Signature not required for delivery....
    **i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**
    **Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast