Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MSFS installation problem

Default MSFS installation problem

Couldn't start MSFS for a few days. Hanged itself after checking for updates. Several attempts to restart,
    were unsuccessful. I then uninstalled MSFS according to Microsoft's instructions and tried to reinstall. Does not work,
    What am I doing wrong: I open the Microsoft store with my account, select "my library" and the purchased MSFS
    Premium de luxe version. The message appears: This product belongs to you. I now click on "install" and you will be asked
    Which partition the MSFS should be placed on. Determine this and click "Install" again. Nothing happens, that is, it won't
    Connection to the download server established. I tried this several times, also switching off the virus scanner and firewall,
    without result, where is the error? Thank you in advance for good advice.

Try downloading the basic version from the Store, and then install the upgrades from the Content Manager within the Sim

Prior to reinstalling, log out of the MS Store, do a reboot and log back into the store and see if you can download the Basic version as @rockinrobin stated.

A number of people have had to do that to get the install going.
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

You should always install the standard version, irrespective of the version you own. You then download the addition content (premium deluxe stuff) within the sim’s content manager.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

What HAJOREI posted to open this thread pretty well describes my experience. About a week ago, for no apparent reason, MSFS shut down about 1 minute into the loading process. I tried and tried, but could not get it to finish loading--it always shut down after going into the "black screen" at the beginning of loading...I spent a lot of time searcing for answers--the forums, web, etc. Nothing got MSFS to fully start.

I finally uninstalled the program and tried to get a new installation at the MS Store. They put me in a loop that basically would not let the new install work. I called the MS Support phone number and a technician took over my computer and could do no better through the MS Store. He said he discovered that the XBox support team was working on the problem and that many MSFS users were reporting the same thing I was: MSFS suddendly stopped working and they were unable to get a re-install through the MS Store. The tech said the XBox team told him they expected to have the problem solved within 5-6 days. That time has passed and I still cannot get a convincing re-install through the MS Store...Really frustrating!...

The best I can do through the Store is to get a MSFS logo on my screen, a progress line below it, and the word "Downloading" above it. Hours pass, but no downloading shows on the progress line and I can find nothing downloaded on my computer. It says it is downloading, but I can find no evidence of it...

That's where I'm at now...I'm really pretty much out of ideas of how to get a REAL re-install from the MS Store...I left that MSFS logo and "Downloading" progress line on for the last 2 days and nothing seems to have changed--no indication on the progress line or on my computer that any real downloading has taken place...

I'm wondering what Forum users would suggest...Have any of you had a problem re-installing? Anything similar to what I have experienced?...All ideas welcomed...I miss not being able to fly the "Friendly MSFS skies"...

Lee Graves

How about uninstalling the MS Store, then reinstalling it? Might be worth a try.
    When you reinstall Flight Sim from the Store, make sure you choose the standard version (not the deluxe or premium deluxe)

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks Steve for the suggestion. I had trouble uninstalling MS Store. Can you point me to exactly where to go to do that? And, where to go to re-install it?...

Lee Graves

Hi Lee, hope this helps...

to uninstall MS Store...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaDfHwdwQM

to reinstall
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoIIaawj9xs

Lee, don’t try these if you’re unsure. It’s not the easiest thing is it? I wouldn’t want you have any more problems.

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by g7rta; 07-17-2021 at 03:52 PM.

You are right Steve, about the complexity of trying to uninstall and reinstall the MS Store...I think for the time being, about all I can do is be patient and hope Microsoft can get the Store back to providing downloading and installation services to verified MSFS owners.

Has anyone on the Forum been able to install the program recently?...

Additional suggestions and ideas are welcomed...Thanks in advance for all help...

Lee Graves

I had the exact same thing happen and finally found a way to call them and talk. I was on the phone for 4 hours and talked to maybe 8 - 10 people, most of whom I could hardly understand because of language problems. I talked with the store, Xbox, and even a Windows tech (who took over my computer and couldn't find a problem). The last one I talked with advised to request a refund, which I did and was rejected because of the time I had it. I got a note from someone at the store later saying to resubmit the refund. I did and it was rejected. I finally repurchased from Steam and it works fine. A couple of months later, I went to the store and it downloaded - same computer. So I now have two copies of the Deluxe version on the same computer - different drives - and $79.99 less in my pocket. Good luck!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast