Who still has Active Sky 6.5?

Skywatcher12

Still sitting with all my other dormant FS9 files. Wish it would work. Why do you ask?

Working on a couple of things and need to get an idea if there are still enough people with AS 6.5

Would like to see say 10 replies in this thread.

Mark Daniels

Gi'day,

Yep!

Still have it installed; has a great sky texture set for SE Alaskan flying (Arctic Blue).

Regards,

Dorian

Yes, agree, AS Graphics was a great compliment to the weather program. I've always continued to have AS Graphics installed with my FS9.

Mark Daniels

Hi Mark,

I still have it installed and (mostly) using it for the ASG part. I will let AS6.5 run the weather on long flights as it actually uses the TAFs to change the weather, unlike ASE...

It does work on my Win7x64, running as Admin. I even get WX updates in there, thanks to ASE, as both AS6.5 and ASE use the current_wx_snapshot.txt file...

Regards,

DDP.

Will ASE eventually die? That’s what I use and really like it. Any way to get 6.5?

Don't panic, ASE users will be fine as well. :pilot:

ASE will die if the weather updates connection needs updating for ASE to continue working. Developer has stated they will no longer be fixing such a failure. Could be a long time before that happens.

Anything requiring anything online will always stop working at some point. That's what I really hate about modern games and software, it's not really your decision when you will stop using something.

Mark Daniels

Don't panic, ASE users will be fine as well. :pilot:

ASE will die if the weather updates connection needs updating for ASE to continue working. Developer has stated they will no longer be fixing such a failure. Could be a long time before that happens.

Anything requiring anything online will always stop working at some point. That's what I really hate about modern games and software, it's not really your decision when you will stop using something.

Ah I see. Ive been using the Vatsim online weather option within ASE, will that still work?

Hi,

You can't get internet weather updates. Everything else works.

If you also have ASE you can, as I've mentioned in my earlier reply.

I have both installed, and I only download ASE historical weather WX files.

When I load one of these files in ASE, it'll update the current_wx_snapshot.txt in both ASE and AS6.5, so I don't even have to copy it myself.

I download ASE WX files for every day of the year and put them in 7zip files per year. So if the ASE server eventually dies I'll still have realistic weather to fly in.

Regards,

DDP.

Hi,

If you also have ASE you can, as I've mentioned in my earlier reply.

I have both installed, and I only download ASE historical weather WX files.

When I load one of these files in ASE, it'll update the current_wx_snapshot.txt in both ASE and AS6.5, so I don't even have to copy it myself.

I download ASE WX files for every day of the year and put them in 7zip files per year. So if the ASE server eventually dies I'll still have realistic weather to fly in.

Regards,

DDP.

I wasn't going to tell too many people because they'll flood ASE servers and HiFi will shut the servers down! lol

There are still even better options but you'll want the same weather files so you are not wasting your time. ;)

Mark Daniels

Hi,

I wasn't going to tell too many people because they'll flood ASE servers and HiFi will shut the servers down! lol

Oops... Didn't think about that one.

Everybody, please disregard everything I've said here! ;)

DDP.

• 3 weeks later...