Hi all

I have finally taken the plunge and purchased MSFS and have to say I am loving it, although it does take a little while to get your head around it and sort out the key assignments etc...

One thing I have noticed is that the sun appears very bright and on a clear day, everything appears washed out with limited colours. I not the following

1. I have switched off Bloom

2. HDR is shown as on, but as I do not have HDR capable monitors, I cannot switch off in WIndows 10, but presume it is off by default.

Is there a way to improve the contrast and increase the colours. I could do this via the nvidia control panel, but then this will do it across the entire PC, I only want to change it for MSFS.

I have also noticed that rainy days appear very foggy, it would be nice to have some rain without the ground fog effect. Is there a way to download more weather effects to add the to the default selection list?

For the fog effect, if you are not using live weather, then reducing the water vapor content slightly and adjusting bottom cloud base height upward should give what you want.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I know what you mean. I have an HDR10 monitor. When HDR10 is on, I also get the washed out effect.

Curiously, I didn't realise it was HDR10 capable until I tried running MSFS. On my old monitor (not an HDR one), the sim didn't even give me the option; so it may be worthwhile to double check - perhaps you do have and HDR 10 monitor but didn't realise it (like me)? If that turns out to be the case, you need to disable HDR10 in windows too. I think it's in the Settings -> System -> Display controls.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

May I recommend the excellent free ReShade that can help greatly with this. It has a ton of filters to play with (each has its own slider). In your case I would play with Fake HDR, Curves & Levels. Once you get what you like save the preset. You can have any number of presets.

This is the ReShade panel in-game:

j4oezwC.png

You can get it here: https://reshade.me