Abacus FSDS V3.5 registration key?

Roger Wensley

Gi'day,

v3 must be installed first; v3.5 (considered a free upgrade) reads the registration key from the v3 install. I've also found it's best to keep both versions separate, rather than installing 3.5 on top of v3.

• 2 weeks later...

@dpg I too write things like that in a book, got passwords for stuff long gone in there.

If that book got in to the hands of the police for some reason they would arrest me for being a spy with all the different codes. The laugh would be on them in the end though when they found out what it all was, nothing but innocent flight sim stuff.

Col.

FSDS 3.5 is still available at PC Aviator for $24.95 US. 10% off on Tuesdays. Not sure how they license it. Abacus shut down when FSPilotshop closed, I believe they were tied together somehow. I bought my copy from FSpilotshop sometime ago and only have the one installer for 3.5. (my version shows 3.5.1) I installed it sometime ago and remembered I had to run the installer and with "Run as an administrator" option. I also remembered I had to run the program with the "run as an administrator" option as well. I am using it in Windows 10 and it seems to work ok, I do not use it that often, but it still started up today ok. You may be able to contact PC Aviator and ask them for some more details about FSDS.

Here is link to the product page.

https://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=18364&cat=913&page=1

John Cottreau

Edited by johncott