Hi

I would like to buy MSFS but will probably need to move it to a new PC at some point, once I can afford to upgrade.

Am I right in thinking if I buy from the MS Store, I will be able to use the licence on the new PC, as I do not want to have to purchase the game a second time, just for a new rig?

How do they know that I have uninstalled it from the first PC, or can you only be logged in to your MS account/MSFS game on one device at a time?

Thanks

Hey chickster25. That's correct and I've done exactly that in the past.

To answer your second question: They don't. Like you said, the caveat is that you can't use it on two PC's at the same time.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Do note that it's a good idea to buy the version you'll really want rather than a lower cost one with the thought of 'upgrading' later. There is NO Microsoft 'discount' for upgrading, more like paying full price each timer for each version.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

You can actually install and run it one as many PC’s as you want. The only downside is you can only have it running on one pc at a time.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Well, the in-sim marketplace products would probably install on concurrently on all PCs that use your MS account.

I haven't dealt with purchases external to the sim for MSFS. I have previously moved purhcases for FSX from one computer to another. In my experience, the developers are fairly sympathetic if you explain that you changed PCs. They're in tech, after all, and understand that people upgrade from time to time.

Not a direct answer to your question, but hopefully it sheds some light.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide