Christian Page's great 1970's traffic releases

leuen

Obvisouly nobody here is aware that Christian Page does still a tremendous effort to release repaints for airliners used in the Seventies. In a way his releases belongs to 'virtual aviation heritage' too, like 'CalClassic' or 'The Old Hangar' in their respective eras. IMO it's quite a shame that this achievement has absolute no impact here! Such retro traffic certainly won't appear in any other form and for any other sims in future. That's for sure.

Anyway, many thanks to Christian Page and hopefully I could see more of his nice works. At least, Actually I'm creating a whole traffic package with all releases and will enjoy it very much once done. But that might be another pairs of shoes!

Bernard

It's indeed quite an effort to find all basic aircraft. So I spent some time to locate Michael Pearson's DC-6. Here the link: https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=190892

As I'm still completing the whole traffic, I can't tell you, whether it's usuable or not. Hopefully yes. Finally I will try to mix it with other traffic of this era which will add some further airlines not included up to now in Page's package.

Bernard

That's what I contributed in an other flightsim forum:

Just for pleasure I created a traffic package with the traffic and aircraft files released by Christian Page at FlightSim. He uploaded a large number of airline textures in use beginning the Seventies.

Than I mixed it with Oleg Tchernikov's 1969 traffic released at RetroAI. As both packages are missing quite a lot of airlines seen in 1970, they together make an acceptable retro traffic, even there are several overlaps which should be eliminated. Anyway, there is nothing else or better available. Here some screenshots:

Franfkurt Main

51299047668_b42d76ba42_b.jpg

London Heathrow

51299579379_897230e5f3_b.jpg

Hong Kong Kai Tak

51299049068_0fab6a8dff_b.jpg

Chicago O'Hare

51299908935_2ded0f13c0_b.jpg

At least it was a challenging attempt, and I had fun!

Bernard

Great pics, look like postcards you would buy at an airport gift shop. Looks like hell about to break loose at O'Hare!

I have tinkered with my own retro packages before, but haven't done one for the 70s, surprisingly, since this was "MY" decade so to speak. I grew up then, my formative years.

I'm not a stickler for accuracy, so I have been thinking about a package that would span say '68 to '83.

A lot of my favorite planes, airlines, and liveries during that span.

Thats a great time to fly a lot of the HJG planes also.

Thanks for this post and bringing these planes from Christian Page to my attention. I think i'm about to fall down a rabbit hole.

Glade that you like it!

In fact it's just a matter of using a certain SweetFx setting. Some times I enjoy to fly in b/w monochrome or sepia environment. Like I would leaf through my old aviation books!

Bernard