If you’re wanting some help then it’s probably better if you give us more info... computer specs for one thing.

Looking at your previous 4 posts you’ve had issues from the start.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

If you don’t want any help, then I’m not sure why you bothered posting.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

A cryptic response to your cryptic post,

You are probably doing something wrong!

Your response really does not tell us much. A high end Dell could mean an I7 2700K CPU and a GTX 480 GPU with memory from 2016 or an I9 11850K CPU, a RTX 3090 GPU, with 3200 speed cl14 memory. The performance difference would be enormous.

I just don't have CTDs. If you do, you may have a heat problem (you don't specify a case or cooler), you may have a hardware mismatch, you may be trying to run 4K on Ultra settings with an I7-8700K, you may haver a faulty piece of hardware? Suffice it to say, it isn't intrinsic to the simulator software. You or your computer are doing something wrong!

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

One more thought. Are you using a laptop?

If a desktop, you may have an inadequate power supply unit for the GPU and CPU you are using?

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Why are you trying to be uncooperative? Please specify CPU, GPU, Memory, Case, Cooler, Monitor, MSFS settings, and conditions when the CTD occurs.

If you don't know enough to specify those components, then that may be the real problem?

One thing it is not, it is not MSFS. Something in your setup is messed up. If you would kindly provide real information we can help. Otherwise, you may just be a troll!!

Why are you trying to be uncooperative? Please specify CPU, GPU, Memory, Case, Cooler, Monitor, MSFS settings, and conditions when the CTD occurs.

If you don't know enough to specify those components, then that may be the real problem?

One thing it is not, it is not MSFS. Something in your setup is messed up. If you would kindly provide real information we can help. Otherwise, you may just be a troll!!

Definitely a troll or another person who has no clue what they are talking about. "I have a high end Dell." Nobody, including the OP, knows what that means. Just another case of "why do you people enjoy MSFS 2020 when FS2004 is so great"

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Definitely a troll or another person who has no clue what they are talking about. "I have a high end Dell." Nobody, including the OP, knows what that means. Just another case of "why do you people enjoy MSFS 2020 when FS2004 is so great"

Yes. Let's stop feeding this obvious troll. Millions of us are enjoying the greatest simulation of any type ever made by humankind. If he really needs help, he can get it from official sources in that forum.

thanks I'll send spec info top end Dell

That says it right there - DELL - there is no such thing as a Top End Dell. Nor Alienware for that matter. Same Boat. You're just another troll who likes to tout FSX. This is not an airport, no need to announce your departure.

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Well I have Dell High end Just for Gaming Have all the bell and whistles plus the cost its a tower

As stated, no such thing as a Top End "Dell" Might as well be running alienware junk.

Just another troll. Or someone very limited who doesn't know how to find out CPU specs, on even his own machine. No wonder he doesn't know what he's doing with the sim.

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Hey guys - take it easy. He is not a troll. He has been around FltSimCom since 2010. Maybe he is just not 'into' computers like we are. He is just letting off steam. No harm.

Maybe we can't help him due to him not having the latest-greates PC out there. Being there...done that. It takes a lot of reading, watching ytube videos, visiting forums (for months!) to learn one topic concerning puter 'stuff'. It's HARD to learn computers. Not everyone can do that due to 'xyz'. Least we could do is co-miserate and let it go at that. (He could be your brother, or your cousin, or your uncle - be nice!).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

He may have been a member since 2010, but his few posts on the 2020 forum have all in the same “single brief line..no punctuation.. lack of info & unhelpful” style.

It doesn’t take much to know that his “I’ll send info top end Dell” is isn’t going to help anyone understand the problem. I thought his responses were quite rude personally.

As Johnny says.. you don’t have to announce your departure.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Speaking of how long we have been here, I have been on here since the 1990s (under a different screen name). When the TraiunSim forum started I joined it as plainsman, and Nels consolidated both accounts under plainsman.

I released several files for FS2000 in the fall of 2000, which are still in the library. I remember back then, the consternation among some, when FS2000 came out. We had the same disparaging trolls trying to prevent the new product from succeeding. Time and hardware move on. There is nothing wrong in having several sims on your machine. But trolling posts won't hold back the advancement of hardware and the new software to exploit that advance.

Remember when FS9 and then the new geewhiz FSX came out.

I was trying to run FSX like I had FS9 running (which was incredible) but my computer just couldn't keep up and it was a "High End Dell" from 2001. I tried everything (except buying new parts because I was a broke) and had nothing to say but garbage about FSuX. I asked for help and was given some but also told my PC just wasn't up to par. Finally just got over it and went back to FS9 and didn't care anymore. I actually still have the discs. I kept it going until about 2015 when my computer finally died then found other things to do besides flight sim.

When I saw the info on MSFS in early spring 2020 I was blown away. I knew I wanted it and planned to build the best computer I could get. Luckily my son was able to help me and I have been pleased with it and MSFS. Yes, I have had some hiccups but they have always been operator error issues.

Complaining on the internet and not providing specifics doesn't really help. If you need help, ask for it but then be prepared to provide information when asked.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

He just needs a bigger one of these...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114112279389?hash=item1a919f335d:g:Ca8AAOSwcrVeIUiz

Will add another 50 FPS

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hey guys - take it easy. He is not a troll. He has been around FltSimCom since 2010. Maybe he is just not 'into' computers like we are. He is just letting off steam. No harm.

Maybe we can't help him due to him not having the latest-greates PC out there. Being there...done that. It takes a lot of reading, watching ytube videos, visiting forums (for months!) to learn one topic concerning puter 'stuff'. It's HARD to learn computers. Not everyone can do that due to 'xyz'. Least we could do is co-miserate and let it go at that. (He could be your brother, or your cousin, or your uncle - be nice!).

Chuck B

Napamule

Just letting off steam - sure, but he can do it in a constructive way. Maybe he can search youtube on how to find out your computer specs and answer appropriately. All 7 of his forums posts are in this sort of manner. Go check them out just before defending, Chuck, you'll be pleased you do before wasting your time on someone that just doesn't seem to care what they post to waste other's time.

After flying an hour or so. This so called great SIM crashes to desk top. Thank GOD I still have FX

guardsman89, you will need to check that your CPU, RAM and GPU meet minimum system specs.

To the responders...oh dear...same people throwing around the troll word so quickly and with venom who don’t like hearing the fanboy word. lol

Smashing and abusing someone without knowing a thing about them is kinda not cool. He may have a disability for all anyone here knows.

Anyhow, let me have it, I don’t have any conditions and I won’t sook about it. You’re all just text on my screen and that’s not anything to get angry about. haha

Mark Daniels

Back top stir the pot!

Isn't it time this useless thread disappears!

Back top stir the pot!

Isn't it time this useless thread disappears!

You guys were doing a great job on your own creating mayhem. I just don’t like seeing the fanboys attacking someone who might be having a very frustrating time on his end.

Toxic is an understatement for this community.

Yes, thread will be locked, my post taken away, it’s how it always works unfortunately. One day I will open my own FS forum...lol

Mark Daniels

guardsman89, you will need to check that your CPU, RAM and GPU meet minimum system specs.

To the responders...oh dear...same people throwing around the troll word so quickly and with venom who don’t like hearing the fanboy word. lol

Smashing and abusing someone without knowing a thing about them is kinda not cool. He may have a disability for all anyone here knows.

Anyhow, let me have it, I don’t have any conditions and I won’t sook about it. You’re all just text on my screen and that’s not anything to get angry about. haha

Doesn't take much to take a look at the OP's posting history and you will realize that all his posts are similar. Very vague, little to no info on the problem, and just doesn't seem to want to be helped so do your research before bashing OTHERS who post THEIR opinion like YOU just did. Thanks!

Doesn't take much to take a look at the OP's posting history and you will realize that all his posts are similar. Very vague, little to no info on the problem, and just doesn't seem to want to be helped so do your research before bashing OTHERS who post THEIR opinion like YOU just did. Thanks!

This thread was all fine before I stepped in. The reason it was fine was all of you were attacking one individual and everyone was totally happy with this. The second someone else steps in to stop the bashing suddenly the thread needs to be shut down. lol

I have read his other posts. They tell you nothing about him. They certainly don't tell you he is a troll and then this gives you every right to attack him.

If you don't want to help him because you have suspicions, don't. You have no rights beyond this.

Mark Daniels

Mark,

You did have one good idea. Go start your own FS forum. You guys can enjoy being your own pathetic echo chamber. Just go away and don't let the door create a dent!