AI BAE 146-100 by Fernando Martinez

ColR1948

I downloaded this today, set a flight plan and on landing it bounced then decided to not land but climbed out for another go, second attempt was the same, bounced then climbed out.

I'll have to give it a tweak to make it fly properly, shame the model is very good, anyone else had this problem?

Col.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sir, Mr. Colonel.

There are a couple of reasons for it.

BUT what happens her in your case is the following:

1. She Touches Down after the Mid Point of your RWY. (I do Not know how long your RWY is ..)

2. This is a so called Missed Approach as in REAL live and an Go Around MUST be exercised.

She, AI, does it correctly.

AGAINST my normal procedure without having looked at your plane I recommend as a

"Hip Shoot Solution" for AI ONLY !!! that you do the following:

Go to the section

[Reference_Speeds] and ENTER the following values in this 2 Parameters

[Reference Speeds]

flaps_up_stall_speed=96

full_flaps_stall_speed=76

Most of the Plane designers APPLY here the CORRECT Performance data of the plane BUT AI, the guy who programmed this part of the flight must NOT have had knowledge of the performance data,

and MULTIPLIED the value with 1.3 (Stall Speed X 1.3) for the Approach).

Therefor the plane approaches way to fast and sometimes, IF the RWY a short one, misses the TD Point by quite a margine and the Mains are touching Down after the Mid-Point of the RWY.

AI as a RESPONSIBLE Pilot commences a Go Around. BRAVO FS9.

Now I do NOT know what values are stored in your CFG.

Just try them and do NOT forget to check the [brake] section.

The toe_brakes_scale should have at least the value of = 0.7.

IF you have a RWY Length of 4000 ft this should do it as a shut from the Hip Sir Colonel.

Almost forgot, in AI the State of Touchdown will be REACHED ONLY IF the speed is below 55 kts and ONLY than AI prepares and initiates at 35 kts, WAY to low for any plane, theBraking Action.

AI does NOT use the REVERSER either a DOUBLE Wummy , again the person did not ...

In Real live, after Prop Reverse or Thrust reverse at 80 kts they REAL Pilots apply braking action and NOT at 35 kt WHAT a joke !

On Thursday I will search for the plane , downloaded and see .... and see ...

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

P.S. I hope it helps, in my opinion 4000 ft even the Braking action should be fine.

Wow! Thank you for looking in to it, like I said above I fixed it but only by tweaking bits from a similar aircraft, obviously the guy that did that knew what he was doing like you said.

Off topic my sig Col is short for my name Colin. :)

Good morning, oh no for you over the pond is already good day, how are you doing?

IF your fix is sufficient for you please let know.

I'm pressed for time with all my different "jobs" I have to do on a daily base so I do NOT have to waste any time.

I did this quick recommendation for my "2nd best friend Mister Colin" ONLY.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein