Does the New Performance Update Indicate the End of World Updates

Does the new performance update indicate the end of World Updates? Are they now going to focus on fixing this simulator and everything wrong with it now that they beautified what they felt was the world? Here's to hoping anyway!
Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

I really do hope so, the deeper my attention goes into the sim the more I find faults, there's so much that needs attention....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I really do hope so, the deeper my attention goes into the sim the more I find faults, there's so much that needs attention....

Exactly. I found that we need add on airplanes for aircraft to fly right, otherwise some default aircraft are practically uncontrollable. I hope that they fix their autopilot issues with the autopilot shutting off after a while in flight, and many other things. That's just one example that needs to be taken care of.

I'm not signing up for the testing. I was a tester for the main one and I feel they ignored us completely.

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Exactly. I found that we need add on airplanes for aircraft to fly right, otherwise some default aircraft are practically uncontrollable.

Which default aircraft are you referring to? I have not found any that fit this description.

They have always talked about both sim and world updates, and I don't see anything to indicate this is changing. You can review the progress and upcoming updates in their weekly development updates.

Which default aircraft are you referring to? I have not found any that fit this description.

Just for a start...anything with a propeller on it. Absolute junk!

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I don't experience any problems with propeller aircraft I fly? I use the Di-40 ([both) and the Robin as well as the Baron a lot, and I don't see a problem?? What controller or controllers are you using? Do you have the flight model set to Modern in the settings? If you have it on Legacy, the default aircraft don't have the FSX parameters to define flight under that setting.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Does the new performance update indicate the end of World Updates? Are they now going to focus on fixing this simulator and everything wrong with it now that they beautified what they felt was the world? Here's to hoping anyway!

Oh I really hope so! I hope the developers are reading this, they appear to ignore the problems on their own forums.

Geoff

I found the TBM to be rock solid and a fantastic flying experience, I've put some hours on that now...... On the 747-800 today from Las Vegas to Monterrey the FMC went dark and the Lnav was totally lost.. the contrast between cockpit panel and outside view is too severe it's a washout, it mimics a camera not the human eye which deals with the changing contrast far more efficiently.... to say anything with a prop on is useless is unfair, on behalf of the TBM930...

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-20_06_2021-17_45_16.jpg

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Absolute nonsense. If the default prop planes in MSFS were all junk, the program wouldn't have lasted a week.

Edited by cobalt

I'm only flying a 3rd party add on because I had the $$$ to buy it. I was using the stock 182 and having a blast with it.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Don't forget that one of the most common thing that has to be done with this new sim, is to calibrate, and set the sensitivity of your flight controller correctly. It is much harder to do with this sim, in my opinion, than it was with FSX.

I found the TBM to be rock solid and a fantastic flying experience, I've put some hours on that now...... On the 747-800 today from Las Vegas to Monterrey the FMC went dark and the Lnav was totally lost.. the contrast between cockpit panel and outside view is too severe it's a washout, it mimics a camera not the human eye which deals with the changing contrast far more efficiently.... to say anything with a prop on is useless is unfair, on behalf of the TBM930...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]226702[/ATTACH]

First, I NEVER said anything with a prop on it was useless. I love props, and fly them 90% of the time....the tuning of these aircraft just need to be better, and hope they finally fix it. It handles NOTHING like FSX did or Prepar3d.

well, I really wonder on what basis most of you are judging how the aircraft fly in MSFS (or in the other sims).

It all looks great, neat and tidy. But it is what it is, a sim.

I am currently getting my PPL rating and honestly... the sim is worthless. Of course you will learn where the nobs are, get to know the aircraft and manipulate stuff. But more than this? completely worthless. I can land a Cessna in the dark with 60 knots of wind and gusts all around in the sim. But real landing is a totally different story. The whole flying experience in the real world is something else.

My point here is that there is no real point in complaining on how "real" the planes are in the sim. They are not. Period.

well, I really wonder on what basis most of you are judging how the aircraft fly in MSFS (or in the other sims).

I am currently getting my PPL rating and honestly... the sim is worthless. Of course you will learn where the nobs are, get to know the aircraft and manipulate stuff. But more than this? completely worthless. I can land a Cessna in the dark with 60 knots of wind and gusts all around in the sim. But real landing is a totally different story. The whole flying experience in the real world is something else.

My point here is that there is no real point in complaining on how "real" the planes are in the sim. They are not. Period.

I'm no RL pilot, so I fully accept your word.

Be careful, though: once I said that MSFS is an inspirational and sophisticated game, but a game after all, and the fury of hell unleashed on me... :eek:

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

when does a simulator become a game and when does a game become a simulator? is the question....

My point exactly. Maybe only those of us who have flown the real thing can know just how far from reality the default aircraft truly are. Indeed, it's a game not a sim. Nice eye candy though.

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

The question on wether MSFS is a game or a sim has done the rounds so many times, on this & other forums.

I doubt many gamers would consider it to be a game. I personally call it a sim.. but what’s it matter if we enjoy using it?

I tend to use it in VR nowadays & it certainly gives me the feeling of flight. It’s supposed to simulate what it would be like to fly the many included & addon aircraft. How well it does this is down to the individual’s setup & their experience of real world flying. I’m not a pilot in real life, but the sim (or game if you prefer) still let’s me imagine I am flying a real aircraft, even if it’s not all that accurate.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I am currently getting my PPL rating and honestly... the sim is worthless.

This real world pilot disagrees emphatically. The sim does a magnificent job of simulating a real 172's handling IMO.

Lately I've gotten better, but for a long time my main complaint was that a real plane is easier to land than is the sim. Of course in a real plane you're really "there" and all your senses are immersed in the process and with the sim, if one wants to be picky, the experience is a bit two dimensional, and of course you can't kill yourself; but the plane's handling is faithfully reproduced IMO. Just use some imagination. And I don't even have a VR headset.

Once I saw that if I came in a little hot I could sideslip and nail the landing, I was sold.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

I've flown Gilders in the real world, just never took the solo flight for reasons beyond this thread and flown light aircraft in the real world over Scotland all in the late 70s and early 80s.. I would be a pilot now if not for change in circumstances.. and totally agree with the post above this one!!! there is a lot of value in the sim beyond gaming! so it's a sim, and that's driven home when you fly on VATSIM Edited by daspinall

Much of what is missing comes from cues you feel in your seat, forces exerted on your body. and positional orientation, you are not sitting at a 25 degree bank when the aircraft is in a turn.

Also, everybody has a different set of controllers and devices. Your controller may "fly" very differently than mine? Many complaints about the aircraft are really controller setups not properly calibrated and sensitivities setup.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Funny you should say that Plainsman... I actually feel vibrations..from the VRF Seatpad which I bought...probably about 20 years ago, after reading a review on this site.

It’s wearing a bit thin now & I don’t think all of its motors are working as they used to. Still helps the immersion.. along with VR :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

i've currently got over 150hrs in 172s, having flown the L model, N model, R model, and now the G1000 equipped S models. I've also flown the A2A C172 for P3D, the default X-Plane 11 172, and the MSFS 172. I can tell you the short answer that all 3 fly very well. X-Plane handles the flare better but absolutely butchers power changes when you add flaps. MSFS does a much better job at that and same with the A2A. the MSFS and A2A would be a close comparison for Stalls, and MSFS takes the cake in the Spin category. the G1000 systems of X-Plane vs MSFS are not even a comparison, though the G1000nxi from Working Title should put MSFS in the lead if it's done to every detail.

in terms of what hardware I fly with, all 3 were flown with the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo. in the real airplane in the flare, I am almost always using the full elevator. X-Plane replicates this quite well though the ground effect isn't as pronounced. MSFS is a bit too sensitive on the controls and needs a bit of work. A2A is held back by the old and "on the rails" FSX flight model but still does very well.

now for some, unless you've flown a lot of different 172s, you cannot base your opinion off of just 1 airplane. the L model I sometimes fly is very light on the controls. and going from the S model to the L is like going from a 172 to a 150 in terms of force needed to move the controls. I myself prefer the heavier S model controls as I can make smoother inputs in IMC.

In Conclusion, No sim is "Miles better" than the other. MSFS will certainly improve over time, and X-Plane will need to play some serious catch up. P3D, I have no clue what they will do. LM seems to beat to their own drum and will do whatever they feel like. Every simmer will imagine how a real airplane should feel and base their opinion off that. Every real pilot will try and glorify their favorite sim to say woah is theirs and everything else is worse. I'm sure other RW pilots here will voice their opinions as well.