Help with recording flights in VR

I would like to know if there's a tool that will let me record flight and also in VR without recording the dreaded goggle view..... I'm ready to start making videos!

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I have googled this question many times myself.

Some say a program called “OBS” is the best for capturing VR. I tried it & personally found it too complicated. I was once determined to to get it working and followed a tutorial.. but then flight sim crashed, so I gave up.

The easiest way with the Reverb G2 is to go to the WMR home in vr, and press the Windows button on the controller so that the menu pops up.. then press the video camera symbol. It counts down 3..2...1... while you quickly get back into msfs

However, it will only record for a maximum of 5 minutes and you end up losing the first 30 seconds or so. I also find that (more often than not) the audio doesn’t capture correctly, but they might just be my setup. I does record excellent quality video though.

Lately I have simply been pressing Win+G (for the Xbox gamebar to pop up) and capturing it with that. It’ll record for hours and works flawlessly. Only problem though... you end up with the double screen which we don’t want.

I then go into a video editor & chose either the left or right image.. then enlarge it to get rid of the round edges. You lose some of the quality & resolution this way.

Take a look at my recordings when you get a moment

https://youtube.com/channel/UCYSAQm7RsL78RcW5yKfO5Gw/videos

Some were done with WMR’s built in recorder, but the later ones done with the gamebar and then edited.

I would love a simple recorder for VR but haven’t found one yet.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Something came up the other week I think they wanted 60 quid it did everything.. I thought I book marked, but it seems I didn't... I was ready to go off and buy it!!!!! there is some software for recording VR without the goggles effect but hell if I can find it!!!!! I may have to spend a night watching some MSFS2020 users videos to see if they have a link to the software!!! thanks Steve........

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

No worries.

If you do find one then let me know. You would have thought they’d be plenty of tools available wouldn’t you?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Did some more searching this afternoon link below, I found this and bought it for now although not the one I really wanted...I will figure it out over the week and let you know if it's worth the 20 euros.. it annoying to find something then later go back and well, you can't find it again!

https://flightcontrolreplay.wordpress.com/

then there is this free way i just discovered

Edited by daspinall

Thanks for the link, although it’s not a VR capture program as such.

I bought it a few months ago. I wasn’t all that impressed to be honest and am really waiting for Asobo to add a replay function (which will come eventually)

Just seen your second link. It’s not playing for me at the moment (sat in the car, on way to work) but I’ll check it out later, cheers

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Hi Dave,

I’m home after a long night shift. Just had a look at the YouTube link.. it’s about OBS isn’t it?

I have looked at it a few times but found it a bit complicated. The one time I had a go, following the instructions.. flight sim crashed & I gave up.

It’ll be interesting to see if you succeed. I might try again if you do :)

Regards

Steve

Yes I downloaded OBS as well, It will be over the weekend when I get to take a good look at it, will let you know.....