Thread: Article: Just Flight - DC Designs - PT-17 Stearman for MSFS

Blog Entries

Default Article: Just Flight - DC Designs - PT-17 Stearman for MSFS

Very nicely done model. I love the way it handles. She takes lots of rudder use on takeoffs and landings just as in real life. I will give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars because my only gripe and it's very minor is the engine startup sound. It could be louder. Other than that the engine sounds are pretty sweet and I really enjoy flying this baby.

Gary

Blog Entries

Great plane love it. as well pleasure to watch than pilot it ... excellent !!!!!!!

This was only available on JustFlight store before, where I bought it. Very happy with it. External sounds are fantastic, not quite convinced that the sound in-cockpit is authentic, but it is ok (I like the Carenado YMF-5 WACO cockpit sounds better, but that flight model sucks). The Stearman flight model feels good, could do with a little stronger rudder authority.

If the texturing is as bad as the F-15 that they overcharged for, then I will give this a hard pass as well. MS Flight had one of the best versions of the Stearman I have ever flown and it was included with the program. In regards to the F-15, if you want to fly a good rendition of it you need DCS:World not MSFS. The Microsoft, and Laminar Research sims have NEVER been the place to fly jet fighters. Not only do the weapons work in DCS, the F-15 is less than half the cost of the POS they made for MSFS. The only thing that makes people want it, is the fact that it's in MSFS, and that is just sad really.