MSFS 2020 Download

Where would be the best place to buy and download MSFS 2020 premium? I see it listed on Amazon

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I wouldn’t bother with Amazon for something like this.. just buy it from the Microsoft Store (which you’ll probably have in Windows 10)

Or you could get it through Steam if you prefer

I see you only have 8gb of ram. While this is supposed to be ok, I would recommend 16 minimum (32 is better)

It might be a good idea to sign up to the Xbox game pass for a month (on your pc)

It only costs £1 / $1 for a months trial. This means you can try MSFS and see how well it runs, just remembering to cancel the game pass before the month is up.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Another thing... you’re going to need to install Windows 10. Fortunately you should be able to download it for free.

MSFS won’t run on Windows 7

I would seriously recommend the Xbox gamepass trial.. but after you’ve installed Windows 10

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

THanks! I am not going to install it on this computer. I am buying a new on and just getting some information before I make the leap. The 16 ram I wasn't sure about either I did make sure I got one with the i7 processor, 16cg ram, 1TB memory and of course windows 10

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

No worries :)

Have you already got the new pc? If so it’ll be interesting to know what the full specs are.

Regards

Steve

Please don't laugh. As you see here I built a custom PC with three monitors for FSX some years ago. Now I need a new laptop with Windows 10 for my home banking needs well, don't need one but want to learn windows 10 and my HP Pavillion is like 10 years old. I wanted a hot enough laptop to at least check out MSFS first. I don't want to upgrade my triple monitor CPU to windows 10 because I love my FSX lot's of addons like aircraft carriers I built myself around the world with ai that I can land on Ha! Ha! Though I have been looking into running both windows 7 and 10 on the same PC. Back to the story, here is what I bought on sale through best buy.

ASUS - ROG Zephyrus M15 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q - 1TB SSD - Prism Gray

My wife asked why I needed so much computer in a laptop. Told her we do some serious banking. Ha! Ha!

Mike G.

Here is a small picture of my monitors.

20190101_113349_HDR.jpg

Mike G.

I just want to be prepared I remember installing FSX cause be a real headache because of security issues. Like just where is the best place to install MSFS 2020? I have my FSX in C:\FSX but I have another drive and have my 2004 FS iin A:\Flight Simulator9.

Mike G.

Hi Mike, the triple monitor setup looks good. I too have a similar one for MSFS, only I’ve got three televisions instead of monitors (it was cheaper this way) only bought them last year, for use with the new sim

However, I don’t really use them much now as I fly in VR which gives even better immersion!

Going back to your laptop, do you know which i7 processor it is? There are different generations/speeds of i7. Some are faster than others

Regards

Steve

Don't know much about the processors but it say's this is the one

10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-10750H mobile processor

Mike G.

Don't know much about the processors but it say's this is the one

10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-10750H mobile processor

Hi Mike, good answer!

I was concerned that it might have been an older one, but that should be fine :)

Regards

Steve

I see you have an i9. How much more do you get out of it compared to an i7? Wonder what it could do for my FSX

Mike G.

I did the big upgrade last year while I was alpha testing the sim (I was one of the lucky ones)

Anyway I bought a “bare bones” pc. Basically a new motherboard, cpu & psu, plus some ram and an RTX2080ti.

The pc I was replacing had an I7-7700k

It was absolutely fine when running MSFS on just one screen, but with three screens the FPS dropped dramatically. I bought the RTX 2080TI first and it helped.. but I clearly had a bottleneck with the cpu.

I got the new system.. bought 2 M2 drives for it too.. and it works well, even with three screens.. however, as said previously I now run MSFS in VR. I don’t actually know what the FPS is but I get a reasonably smooth flight with most settings on high/ultra

The main setting you need to watch is rendering scale. It’s a real FPS killer

Regards

Steve

Thank you for the information. I know it took me (and still learning) several years before I got a handle on running FSX.

Mike G.