Thread: Article: Virtualcol - Embraer 170/175 Series For MSFS 2020

Blog Entries

Default Article: Virtualcol - Embraer 170/175 Series For MSFS 2020

Horrible product. default avionics and poor interior texturing...

Blog Entries

sith....what did you want? a PDGM type for that low price?...go fly a kite.

Quote Originally Posted by sky44 View Post
    To keep things in relation: Yes, I must agree with the previous poster. The outside is pretty good and meets the expectations of a product with this price.

I understand, that it takes a lot of work, time and effort to put such an aircraft together and this is meant to be objective. So please, the following is not meant as an offence, so please keep your replies polite and objective.

I can't help, but suspect that this model was simply converted to MSFS 2020 from FSX. With the high resolution that MSFS2020 offers for modeling, the interior could have been much better, even for that price. That is simply a matter of spending just a little more time, to shape the objects with less "corners" and making things smoother and rounder. If you look at the side windows, there is a gap between the glass and a kind of outer ribbon or frame in places. Same in the cabin, there are many gaps where parts don't fit togheter as they should. It simply does not look like the whole interior models belongs "together", but was roughly pasted together with parts that don't fit quite right. A simple example of the modeling in a low resolution is the window handle. It has the shape of a stop sign, rather than being round. Making the shapes with more smoothness is something that can easily be changed in the modeling process and raises the level of looking more real by a lot. If you look at photos of the real aircraft the shapes and parts in the cockpit are quite different in many places.

The textures are not fit to the model objects correctly and are not seamless. Some are simply stretched repeatative textures. I am surprised, that the textures are not taken from real photographs of the Embraer cockpit. That would have raised the look a lot to look more like the real thing. There are plenty of photos out there to sample from.

There is also a lot to fix in the flight and ground behavior. For example, the steering suddenly changes from very reactive under 5kts to very little steering as soon as you exceed 5 kts. This happens in a sudden jerk, instead of a smooth decrease in reactivity. In the air the flight model is not realistic and very hard to control. The overspeed comes down to 180 kts already at FL 200. The real Embraer can fly a lot higher and faster.

So, in short: I trust, that the creator has to possibility of improving the product over time and I would love to see some improvement in a soon to come update. This level is not worth any price to me and I currently reget buying the product. With a few improvments, that could change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rdrumm26 View Post
    To keep things in relation: Yes, I must agree with the previous poster. The outside is pretty good and meets the expectations of a product with this price.

I understand, that it takes a lot of work, time and effort to put such an aircraft together and this is meant to be objective. So please, the following is not meant as an offence, so please keep your replies polite and objective.

I can't help, but suspect that this model was simply converted to MSFS 2020 from FSX. With the high resolution that MSFS2020 offers for modeling, the interior could have been much better, even for that price. That is simply a matter of spending just a little more time, to shape the objects with less "corners" and making things smoother and rounder. If you look at the side windows, there is a gap between the glass and a kind of outer ribbon or frame in places. Same in the cabin, there are many gaps where parts don't fit togheter as they should. It simply does not look like the whole interior models belongs "together", but was roughly pasted together with parts that don't fit quite right. A simple example of the modeling in a low resolution is the window handle. It has the shape of a stop sign, rather than being round. Making the shapes with more smoothness is something that can easily be changed in the modeling process and raises the level of looking more real by a lot. If you look at photos of the real aircraft the shapes and parts in the cockpit are quite different in many places.

The textures are not fit to the model objects correctly and are not seamless. Some are simply stretched repeatative textures. I am surprised, that the textures are not taken from real photographs of the Embraer cockpit. That would have raised the look a lot to look more like the real thing. There are plenty of photos out there to sample from.

There is also a lot to fix in the flight and ground behavior. For example, the steering suddenly changes from very reactive under 5kts to very little steering as soon as you exceed 5 kts. This happens in a sudden jerk, instead of a smooth decrease in reactivity. In the air the flight model is not realistic and very hard to control. The overspeed comes down to 180 kts already at FL 200. The real Embraer can fly a lot higher and faster.

So, in short: I trust, that the creator has to possibility of improving the product over time and I would love to see some improvement in a soon to come update. This level is not worth any price to me and I currently reget buying the product. With a few improvments, that could change.
    This manufacturer makes good flying models in FSX but I think he should get someone else to handle the secrets of making his MSFS models fly as they should, I agree with you 100%

Gladly at this point I don't care about price but good products... Virtualcol hasn't improved their texturing since fs2004... But if mediocre products fits your needs... Suit yourself

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Gladly at this point I don't care about price but good products... Virtualcol hasn't improved their texturing since fs2004... But if mediocre products fits your needs... Suit yourself
    Put your mask on and fly two kites...

This manufacturer makes good flying models in FSX but I think he should get someone else to handle the secrets of making his MSFS models fly as they should, I agree with you 100%
    I have bought a few of their products in FSX days, mainly when they went on sale and were dirt cheap. However, I was never happy with the texturing, sounds or flight models and stopped buying their products altogether, as it simply did not provide any immersion or satisfaction. Quite frankly I'm surprised they made it as far as MSFS and I wouldn't touch their products, even if offered at $10, where it probably should be priced. And yes I'd be happy to fly three kites instead of buying this garbage.

But I also realise that this poses a dilemma. A top-quality Embraer by a more reputable developer will probably cost upwards of $40-$50, which many of us are also not prepared to pay. So, we have this no-man's land of "good quality" at a "reasonable price", which no-one seems able to fill.
    Last edited by rooitou; 06-24-2021 at 02:33 AM.
    i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz, ASUS Z270G Strix motherboard, GTX 1080ti 11GB, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Rift S, Windows 10 64-bit