What exactly is a "Bespoke Airport" ....

Here you go, it would seem the work is being used 'incorrectly'?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/594184-the-word-bespoke/

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I have seen this word used to describe a young lady in the 1700s when the relationship was somewhere between "going steady" and engaged.

In this context, I think they are trying to say handcrafted.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

... and how are they different from any other airport, or a handcrafted default airport that comes with a given price tier of the simulator?

It's one that's been requested over at flightsim.to: https://flightsim.to/requests/scenery there are 3,683 requests so far!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

bespoke it's an old word taken up by the snowflake millennials.. bespoke = Custom Made..... They like the sound of the word lol....... for me it tells me how shallow the people that use it are.....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

bespoke it's an old word taken up by the snowflake millennials.. bespoke = Custom Made..... They like the sound of the word lol....... for me it tells me how shallow the people that use it are.....

Thank you all for your kind explanations, but I think I like this one best. As an older person it really speaks to me, as I know quite a few younger people who think they're the "bees knees", just because they've discovered within their own generation, something that's been around all along!

I will now equate "bespoke" with "hand crafted", and "curated"... as I know millennials can't resist the sounds of those words either.

I think this is a term that never went out of style in the UK... but maybe got resurected in North America thanks to British TV content. Specifically, from Top Gear and Grand Tour, when they would on occasion talk about EXTREMELY exclusive fancy cars. Like the Singer 911, and one insanely priced and incredibly beautiful "enhanced Jaguar" convertible whose shop name escapes me now.

Frankly when I heard it when younger, I had no idea what it meant. And in recent years hearing it on TopGear I had to actually look up the word's meaning!

• 4 months later...
Stumbled across this thread looking up the definition myself. Now could somebody ask those designers to "Bespoke" the bridges as well as the airports.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

For a more nuanced explanation ...

Bespoke: derived from the verb bespeak (to "speak for something"). First cited, in the verb form, in the Oxford English Dictionary (1583 ed.): "to speak for, to arrange for, engage beforehand: to 'order' (goods)”.

Crept into the tailors' lexicon whereby a gentleman would arrange, or speak for, his desired cloth, ensuring that it would not be sold to somebody else.

Today, bespoke is synonymous with the top end of men's tailoring. Rather than a reference to the cloth, bespoke now denotes the way in which a suit is created.

FYI.

Regards,

Dorian

• 2 weeks later...
I think this is a term that never went out of style in the UK... but maybe got resurected in North America thanks to British TV content. Specifically, from Top Gear and Grand Tour, when they would on occasion talk about EXTREMELY exclusive fancy cars. Like the Singer 911, and one insanely priced and incredibly beautiful "enhanced Jaguar" convertible whose shop name escapes me now.

Frankly when I heard it when younger, I had no idea what it meant. And in recent years hearing it on TopGear I had to actually look up the word's meaning!

I am an American having now lived in the UK for over 20 years. The term is still used here in the UK on a daily basis, generally meaning "tailor made". You still see it in online and magazine ads etc and on shop fronts, for example, Bespoke Men's Suits, Bespoke Furniture.

That word drives me MAD.... all it means is custom made

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz