Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68

Thread: Does FSX exist anymore?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv, USA.
    Posts
    4,499
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daspinall View Post
    Why are the FSX community being so negative toward MSFS, I find this very pathetic indeed.... we live in a world that is constantly moving forward for better or for worst...... get real FSXers and drag your heels in silence!... my sim is better than your sim sounds like a load of little kids.....
    I agree. Whatever happened to “if you prefer _____ over ______, great!”

    I’m at the point in my life where FSX still gives me enjoyment, as does my now “ancient” PC. I don’t have children and I quit the “buy the newest technology to keep up” phase long ago..
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Edmond, Oklahoma USA
    Posts
    162

    Default FSX and MSFS, both

    I have both. I use FSX for serious simming. Plus I can easily customize the gauges, panels and cockpits to look exactly like what I fly, or want to fly.

    On the other hand, I use MSFS for pretty jaunts around the patch in their stock Cessna 152. And boy, does my city landscape look real!! However, I cannot customize the panel to look like the ones that I rent, nor can I adjust the flight characteristics. But I expect that they will simplify/expand/explain the SDK sometime in the not-too-distant future to where I can figure out how to do those things that I can do in FSX.

    Until then, I'll happily fly both.

    Cool beans, okBob

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanl2 View Post
    Just because I enjoy playing arcade games doesn't mean I don't want MSFS to be as realistic as the other sims. I used FSX and P3D for many, many years, do you think I and many other people would've moved to MSFS if I thought it was a game? No, that's my MS Flight was a complete failure, because it wasn't a flight simulator, it was a game. And I have never met anyone who plays golf games because no one plays them. Instead, I have met many people whom I have flights in VATSIM with, and others who I race with on realistic racing sims. I'm also not sure how my examples don't prove my point, just because I occasionally like to sit down and have a go with some of my other friends at some first person shooters.

    There's a reason I use MSFS and not a game like Ace Combat.
    Here's the thing, I would bet a great deal you are no retiree.

    Regarding other comments made here, no one is unfairly bashing MSFS but common, when you switch your engines off you are booted back to the main menu I have read. Well that's...GAME OVER! What else can you say? lol

    A flight sim with literally no realistic jets? Sheesh, c'mon.
    The best you can call MSFS is American Prop Simulator.
    I don't fly props and I don't like to fly in the US only.

    You MSFS guys telling me if I want to fly a jet around Australia MSFS is the big leap forward???
    Last edited by Skywatcher12; 07-03-2021 at 12:54 PM.
    Mark Daniels

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    Here's the thing, I would bet a great deal you are no retiree.

    Regarding other comments made here, no one is unfairly bashing MSFS but common, when you switch your engines off you are booted back to the main menu I have read. Well that's...GAME OVER! What else can you say? lol

    A flight sim with literally no realistic jets? Sheesh, c'mon.
    The best you can call MSFS is American Prop Simulator.
    I don't fly props and I don't like to fly in the US only.

    You MSFS guys telling me if I want to fly a jet around Australia MSFS is the big leap forward???
    You definitely are unfairly bashing MSFS, starting with the fact that all you know about the sim comes from "i have read". Well, let me yell you, no, when you switch your engines off, it shows you a screen that shows the flight has been logged to your logbook and gives you the option to exit to the main menu, look at your logbook, or continue with your flight. And even that screen is possibly getting removed because people have complained that it's annoying. That's what's great about a sim that is still being supported: You request something and if enough people agree, it's changed!

    It's really unfair that you talk about MSFS having no realistic jets considering that vanilla FSX also had no realistic jets, unless you bought something from PMDG or Aerosoft, because MSFS is less then a year old, and the addon devs haven't had the time to convert their massively complex planes. Even then, as I said before, it's not true that the MSFS has no realistic planes: PMDG has already released the DC-6, Aerosoft has released the CRJ, and community mods bring the default A320 and Citation to payware quality for free. Other community mods that focus on specific planes, and the ones that improve the G1000 and G3000 makes many of the other planes payware quality for absolutely free. The only payware quality freeware plane I can think of for FSX is the great Manfred Jahn DC-3 but that's about it.

    And the US is not the only country in the sim, every country in the world has satellite imagery, so with just that it's already better than FSX, and Asobo launches free updates every few months that focus on perfecting regions of the world. Out of the 5 world updates, only 1 has focused on the US. The rest have been on the UK, France and Belgium, Nordics and Japan. Even if the region you like to fly in hasn't been in one of these world updates, you can still fly to it and it will still look fantastic. There's also lots of community sceneries that you can get if you don't quite like the default one. There's 178 of Australia alone and also many hundreds for other countries.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daspinall View Post
    Why are the FSX community being so negative toward MSFS, I find this very pathetic indeed.... we live in a world that is constantly moving forward for better or for worst...... get real FSXers and drag your heels in silence!... my sim is better than your sim sounds like a load of little kids.....
    We live in a world that is constantly moving. As to whether it is in the forward direction or not depends on goals. Goals are different for each person. I think you just said (my paraphrase) that someone disagreeing publicly with your goals is pathetic. Did I get that right?

    I think you also said, "if one is not on the same page as you, they should be quiet." Did I get that one right?

    Though I really do enjoy your company on this forum, I actually hope you don't become an elected official. :-)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Swindon UK
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Must admit I haven't got round to reinstalling FSX SE yet after my unscheduled Windows Reset nuked most of my Steam programs. I have put MSFS back on but, typically, have spent most of the time thus far trying to get it configured and updating all the rather large file downloads.

    The big problem as I see it and what will no doubt lead me to wrestle once again with FSX, is that add on development so far as passenger jet aircraft is stagnant. There's the Frankenstein 737, the lovely A320 FBW and the no doubt very expensive PMDG 737 still WIP, but if I want to fly a DC10, MD11, Tristar or any of the older Boeings seems there will be a very long wait, if such aircraft ever appear at all. By now you would have though even something basic from Just Flight might have appeared but, nada.

    So FSX will live on, so long as the hardware and OS etc. can run it, for those of us wishing to fly the classic tubeliners.
    Vern.

  7. #37

    Default Then There's FS2004 To Consider

    It's somewhat peculiar that a debate rages about the value and sustainability of FSX when even FS2004 is still viable as evidenced by 41 new files having been uploaded here in just the month of June alone!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7

    Default

    FSX does exist and I still love it. Unless you have lots of cash to spend on high end computers to deal with the massive files in MSFS, I, like most of you guys will be staying put.

    On a personal level, I admit that I'm a lazy writer, but I have extended my FSX sim to unbelievable standards, no stutters, aircraft performance improvements, scenery, water, terrain, weather,(realworld) in fact just about everything is enhanced, and all on a $450 computer, iG3 chip, NVidia 630GT graphic card, 4GB Ram.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raf1 View Post
    FSX does exist and I still love it. Unless you have lots of cash to spend on high end computers to deal with the massive files in MSFS, I, like most of you guys will be staying put.

    On a personal level, I admit that I'm a lazy writer, but I have extended my FSX sim to unbelievable standards, no stutters, aircraft performance improvements, scenery, water, terrain, weather,(realworld) in fact just about everything is enhanced, and all on a $450 computer, iG3 chip, NVidia 630GT graphic card, 4GB Ram.
    Way to go dude !!!!!
    I have a bullet on my list of things to do to investigate the real world weather thing.

    I applaud you for staying away from MSFS.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Wow, lots of replies and info here.
    I have moved on to XP11 and enjoy it very much. Tried MSFS and enjoyed the eye candy then deleted it. Maybe in the future? I like the realistic X-PLANE aircraft and a big range of quality freeware.
    As far as FSX, there still is a large community of users because the sim is still great and there is much available for it. I enjoy Fightsim.com but there is a large and very active FSX user base at sim-outhouse.com. Try it, both sites are on my daily website visits.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2021, 01:21 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2015, 10:33 PM
  3. Does a 360 degree view exist in FSX?
    By annber in forum FSX
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 09:59 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2002, 02:25 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2002, 02:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •