How do you use the VNAV function in the Working Title G3000 mod in the Daher TBM?

I set up an RNAV flight plan in the World Map from Watsonville (KWVI) to Half Moon Bay (KHAF). I made a note of all the waypoints in the flight plan, with their altitudes. Once in the cockpit, I went to the MFD screen in the Daher, pulled up the flight plan and entered the altitudes for each waypoint. Thinking I had already activated the mod's VNAV function, I took off, climbed, engaged the autopilot, hit NAV and waited for the G3000 to do its thing. Based on the information I'd entered, I expected the Daher to climb to 3,400 ft., then to 6,100 ft. cruise altitude, before descending, progressively, to 3,800, 3,300, 2,020, and finally, 50 ft., the runway elevation at KHAF. I must've missed something important, because VNAV never kicked in. What did I miss? How do you activate a VNAV approach in this amazing G3000 mod?
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

You don't. At least not yet.

Got this straight from the horse’s mouth over on Working Title’ discord after I asked about their new upcoming G1000 NXi and VNAV and if the G3000 would see something. Here’s their answer:

“It will feature functional VNAV, yep. The G3000 will continue to get some updates like the other ones, but the next level of it will likely come after we get the nav and flight plan systems dialed in on the NXi”

Edited by CLE_GrummanTiger
Ryzen 5 5600x / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)

You don't. At least not yet.

Got this straight from the horse’s mouth over on Working Title’ discord after I asked about their new upcoming G1000 NXi and VNAV and if the G3000 would see something. Here’s their answer:

“It will feature functional VNAV, yep. The G3000 will continue to get some updates like the other ones, but the next level of it will likely come after we get the nav and flight plan systems dialed in on the NXi”

Thanks. I searched on Google and learned that there's another function called VPATH that evidently uses VNAV data to enable ILS-like final approaches. (Hence, "glide path" in VNAV approaches vs. "glideslope" in ILS approaches.) I'm very much looking forward to the G1000 NXi update. I hope it's upcoming soon.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Actually, VPATH is a function of VNAV. It’s the vertical path that the plane captures when within the computer’s VNAV calculated trajectory (you’ll likely have to descend manually or via VS to reach that capture point). Once captured, the Garmin takes over from there until you press the AP approach button and it captures either the glide scope or glide path, depending on the approach ATC assigns you (be it RNAV or ILS, VNAV should work for both, I believe).

This only works if you have a flight plan with altitude constraints built into it, namely the STAR and approach pattern. VNAV becomes active once you’re on the first leg with a waypoint with an altitude constraint You COULD use it during the climb, but most don’t and stick with whatever altitude ATC tells them to climb to and use FLC.

Ryzen 5 5600x / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)

Actually, VPATH is a function of VNAV. It’s the vertical path that the plane captures when within the computer’s VNAV calculated trajectory (you’ll likely have to descend manually or via VS to reach that capture point). Once captured, the Garmin takes over from there until you press the AP approach button and it captures either the glide scope or glide path, depending on the approach ATC assigns you (be it RNAV or ILS, VNAV should work for both, I believe).

This only works if you have a flight plan with altitude constraints built into it, namely the STAR and approach pattern. VNAV becomes active once you’re on the first leg with a waypoint with an altitude constraint You COULD use it during the climb, but most don’t and stick with whatever altitude ATC tells them to climb to and use FLC.

What I've been doing is to select a low-altitude IFR flight plan with either an ILS or RNAV approach to an airport/runway. In the modified G3000, I've been inputting the altitudes for each waypoint as dictated by the World Map flight log and approach plates and activating VNAV. But I haven't seen any effect on flight levels when flying with the AP engaged and NAV activated. I've had to dial in new altitude settings at each waypoint, down to 500-1,000 ft., prior to disengaging AP and hand flying the rest of the way in. It sounds like you've gotten this RNAV/VNAV stuff to work. What am I missing?

What I've been doing is to select a low-altitude IFR flight plan with either an ILS or RNAV approach to an airport/runway. In the modified G3000, I've been inputting the altitudes for each waypoint as dictated by the World Map flight log and approach plates and activating VNAV. But I haven't seen any effect on flight levels when flying with the AP engaged and NAV activated. I've had to dial in new altitude settings at each waypoint, down to 500-1,000 ft., prior to disengaging AP and hand flying the rest of the way in. It sounds like you've gotten this RNAV/VNAV stuff to work. What am I missing?

I've only gotten the VNAV to work properly in the Working Title mod of the CJ4. Like I said earlier in this thread, it's the only plane currently that has functional VNAV. I understand not even the CRJ from Aerosoft can boast this.

For the other planes, I reference the approach charts and follow accordingly or just let ATC direct me (although the sim's artificial intelligence leaves a LOT to be desired).

Give it a little time, the Working Title team is working on it!

I've only gotten the VNAV to work properly in the Working Title mod of the CJ4. Like I said earlier in this thread, it's the only plane currently that has functional VNAV. I understand not even the CRJ from Aerosoft can boast this.

For the other planes, I reference the approach charts and follow accordingly or just let ATC direct me (although the sim's artificial intelligence leaves a LOT to be desired).

Give it a little time, the Working Title team is working on it!

Yeah, the sim’s ATC isn’t to be believed sometimes. Today, I was “in” the Daher, flying an low-altitude IFR, RNAV flight plan from Coos Bay, Ore. to Portland-Hillsboro airport near Portland, descending in stages from my 16,000 ft. cruise altitude. I was at 8,000 ft. headed for 5,000 ft. when ATC told me to climb to 16,000–and then reversed itself, telling me to descend to 5,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk