NEW UPDATE CODE 0x80073D26

Opened FS

Then it says “A new mandatory update is available. Please update Microsoft Flight simulator in the Microsoft store before launching”

I click OK.

Then a Microsoft Store window opens up that says “Error”.

It says see details with code 0x80073D26.

It then shows the many reports with this code but it does not say what to do about it.

I went to “ help.microsofr.com” to talk to a support tec but it never would connect me to a real person. It just gave me the run around.

Considering the dozens of reports I'm hoping that someone at FlightSim.com will have an answer to this problem.

Sorry I missed that post

msfs 2020 will not start after 5/25/21 update

But I am still confused about what exactly to do about it.

Edited by VFRguy

Hi Glen,

first thing I would try is to update everything in the store... well “gaming services” at least, because the error is something to do with that.

Click the three dots at the top right of the store.. then “downloads and updates” then click Get Updates

Hopefully that will sort it. If not, you may have to repair / reset the Microsoft Store. There are one or two videos on YouTube about it, like this one...

Hope this helps

If you do manage to update the sim.. when it’s all up & running again... the new “World Update 5” will be available in the marketplace (under the free item section again)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles