Looking For MSFS 1.17.3.0 Upgrade

I cannot download the new Nordic World Update until I have upgraded MSFS to 1.17.3.0. Right now, it's at 1.16.2.0. When I go to the MS Store to upgrade the Premium Deluxe edition I get this message: "Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe upgrade is not currently available." I'm wondering, is there an alternate means of getting an upgrade to 1.17.3.0?...Any advice that will produce 1.17.3.0 will be very much appreciated...Thanks in advance...

Lee Graves

I take it you already have the premium deluxe? You don’t click on that. You need to update the standard version (irrespective of what version you have) or simply click “get updates” & it’ll update all the apps.

You then launch the sim & it will download another 5gb.

When that’s done and you’re at the main Flight Sim menu.. go to the Marketplace for the World Update 5 (which is another 3gb)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks Steve--Unfortunately, the Ms Store offers no MSFS Standard upgrade; only in Deluxe and Premium Deluxe, which is what I have. The message is the same for both of them: "Upgrade is currently not available."...What to do?...How did you upgrade from 1.16.2.0 to 1.17.3.0? i don't recall seeing any notification that such an upgrade was available, or I would have got it...I hope you, or someone, can suggest a way for me to get the 1.17.3.0 upgrade...Thanks again for any help...

Lee Graves

Hi Lee,

I clicked my MSFS shortcut as usual when it prompted me saying a mandatory update was required. I pressed ok and the MS Store opened by itself and started the first part of the update (first bit took a few seconds)

The option to run the sim appeared... after the Asobo logo etc, the main update screen appeared & the main 5gb update installed.

I then had to open the Marketplace within the sim , to download the 3gb world update.

Going back to your MS Store.. are you sure the standard edition isn’t listed? When you open the Store & click the three dots at the top right.. followed by “my library” you should see

“Microsoft Flight Simulator” (this is the standard one), Digital Ownership, & also MSFS:Premium Deluxe

as well as many other apps of course.

msfs.jpg

Have you tried “Get Updates”?

click the three dots and select “downloads and updates” followed by get updates.

Hopefully this will work

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Well Steve, "You hit it out of the park," as they say in baseball...

Your detailed resume of what worked for you also produced a 1.17.3.0 MSFS version for me. I'm very pleased to say I, too, am now showing that number in MSFS; and, also enjoying World Update V: Nordics...

Thanks for taking the time required to help me. Very much appreciated...

Lee Graves

Great :). No problem at all, so glad it worked

Happy flying!

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta