Fs2020 does't launch

Hello, I am wondering that the game MSFS2020 is supposed to be working without Internet (off line). But recently I had problem with

Internet - internet was down for some time and during this time tried to play the simulator but it would not Launch, I tried a few times

without success. Although I own the simulator with DVDs I did not buy it either from steam nor MS STORE. If any body please let me

know is there anything wrong with my installation or is it that you must have internet connection to play the sim?. Thanks.

Hi, I presume you know about disc 1 having to be in your dvd-drive when running it? Just a thought.

Also, where did you actually buy it.. presumably a reputable company like Aerosoft?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi, I presume you know about disc 1 having to be in your dvd-drive when running it? Just a thought.

Also, where did you actually buy it.. presumably a reputable company like Aerosoft?

Regards

Steve

I bought the DVDs from aerosoft and dvd disk 1 is always in the DVD Drive. Thanks for a reply.

I don’t have the disc version myself but I’m guessing you still had to create an Xbox account.. have you tried logging out & back in? Maybe check the store for updates?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Only the Steam version runs without an internet connection. The MS Store and disc versions both need an internet connection to launch.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Only the Steam version runs without an internet connection. The MS Store and disc versions both need an internet connection to launch.

You sure about that Tim? I’ve never tried it myself, but I was thought all three would work offline.. only you have to set it up first. I think you’ve to launch the sim online but can then disconnect the internet once you’ve got to the main menu. Something like that.

Regards

Steve

You sure about that Tim? I’ve never tried it myself, but I was thought all three would work offline.. only you have to set it up first. I think you’ve to launch the sim online but can then disconnect the internet once you’ve got to the main menu. Something like that.

Regards

Steve

Yes, there are a couple of threads on the flightsimulator.com forums on this. Those who have the Steam version say MSFS will launch without an internet connection once that option has been selected. Everyone else (including me) gets an "unable to connect to content servers" error message.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

sorry but this is absolutely not true..not sure if i am allowed to link to a post on that other forum lol

you need to do a few things tho.