What is the best gaming computer needed to fly MS 2020? Looking to buy a new computer, need help.

Thanks

Rich

are you aware that a pc is going to cost at least 2000...you can also go for the xbox series x for 500.

but ofcourse a pc wil awlays be more versatile with mods and filetunings.

What is the best gaming computer needed to fly MS 2020? Looking to buy a new computer, need help.

Thanks

Rich

Whoa, I hope you realise what you're asking! I suspect that if you ask three people, you'll get four answers.

Let's see Ryzen 7 5700X. Probably a RTX 3090. 32 GB of RAM. A hell of a power supply and a motherboard that can handle that type of power.... I think anything more is probably superfluous. Since you posed the question as "the best gaming computer needed to fly MS 2020", I take it money is not a factor?

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Because of the way the question was phrased, this may not be helpful?

MSFS is a bit of a moving target, as it is now being regularly revised, and in the future may acquire more use of additional cores.

At present, the sim really heavily uses a few cores while the rest are idle or doing ancillary tasks. Therefore an I5 11600K or a Ryzen 7 3800X ought to be fine to run 1080p resolution. If you plan to run 4k resolution, then you may need more processor. One thing you really need is plenty of efficient cooling and a well ventilated case with multiple case fans. This is quite important, as the heat builds on long flights especially on the GPU.

You do need a good GPU, but they are very difficult to come by at present. To run 1080p, you really need a GTX 1660ti or better. To run 4K, you will need the best GPU that can be had, RTX 3080 super or better or RX 6800XT or better..

You will need a good fast storage device with plenty of storage, A 1t m.2 is a good choice.

You need 16gb of memory but 32gb is better.

You need a good internet connection, at least 30mb/s with >50 really needed.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU