Ai Aircraft porpoising on landing.

ColR1948

I used to have the correction for this but I seem to have lost it, I remember it was about 3 lines in the aircraft.cfg you had to alter and it cured it everytime.

didn't matter what aircraft it wa, if it porpoised then changing these lines did the trick, anyone got any idea please?

Col.

I assume you mean that they porpoise visibly during their approaches and if so, try increasing their empty weights by, e.g. 5 to 10K pounds. If that does not solve your problem(s), try the AIR file from any default AI of (more or less) the same type.

Good luck.

Hans

As for the above, I did a bit of jiggery pokery in the aircraft.cfg I found another aircraft the same make and edited bits from it's cfg and swapped a few entries about including changing the air file.

Now it flies OK but as I said earlier it shouldn't need all that I used to cure it by altering a few lines.

Col.

hi,

it can have a couple of reasons:

In CFG

1. The MOI

2. The Geometries Wing Area / Elevator etc

3. The Flap values (IF Flaps used)

4. AI Speed (Reference)

In AIR Record 1101

1. Flap Value

2. Gear Value

3. AOA value

IF you tell me which airplane it is and it can be downloaded I will fix it for you.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Hi Doug, no it was Enigma ATP which is an AI model, it did porpoise but not drastic like some models I've had, but it annoyed me.

Anyway cured it like I said from editing the cfg and changing the air file. I am going to look in my pen drives I have FS stuff on some of them I may have saved those magic lines that stop it on all aircraft.

Col.

Hi,

the MOI figure for Pitch is totally wrong..Please try the following change in the CFG ONLY.

I used the Original Files from the Download and the MOI is REALLY way to high.

Here we go:

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]

reference_datum_position= 0.000, 0.000, 0.000

empty_weight_CG_position= 0.000, 0.000, 0.000

max_number_of_stations=11 //50

;station_load.0=10240.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000 //total pax loading

;station_load.x ="wt lbs, long, lat, vert, station name"

station_load.0="360.0, 40.0, 0.0, 4.0, Flight deck"

station_load.1="320.0, 35.0, 0.0, 4.0, Cabin crew"

station_load.2="3015.0, 25.0, 0.0, 4.0, Economy 1"

station_load.3="3015.0, 0.0, 0.0, 4.0, Economy 2"

station_load.4="3015.0, -25.0, 0.0, 4.0, Economy 3"

station_load.5="400.0, 25.0, 0.0, -4.0, Forward cargo"

station_load.6="400.0, -20.0, 0.0, -4.0, Rear cargo"

empty_weight= 31290

max_gross_weight= 50550

empty_weight_roll_MOI= 240400

empty_weight_pitch_MOI=240400 /// 1581185 ******

empty_weight_yaw_MOI= 406097

empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 0

CG_forward_limit= 0.000

CG_aft_limit= 1.000

She flies EXCELLENT in AI.

To see what is wrong with ANY plane JUST set the Flight Simulator Speed to 4X and you will see any imperfection ... related to the Flight Dynamics.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Wow thank you GK for looking in to it, I did revert back to the original now edited CFG and yes the ATP flies great.

I'll be honest I'm not very good with weights and moi settings wish I was it would save me a lot of trouble with my AI aircraft.

Thank you once again, you are a genius.

Col.

Hi,

OF Course I will do it, BUT it might take til Friday BECAUSE I have to go right now and get my COVID19 Vaccine injection.

So please bear with me because I hear different stories what happens to people after they got the vaccine shot.

BUT I'm a Viking and they never feel any pain ... haha

Thank you much.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

P.S. it is now 11:15 A.M. on Wednesday morning here in Florida and my appointment is for 12:15.

hi,

I just tried to CLICK on your supplied Link.

Sorry, it does NOT work, a Error msg is the result.

I found a AI CASA 212 - 100 and Downloaded it ....

IF you know by any chance the CORRECT name of the ZIP file please sent me the name of it to my email please.

gkcherry1@t-online.de

OR if you have another LINK which brings me to the correct plane I can download this would be fine as well.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

@Doug

Hi Sir,

the new set of FDE files is ready to be send to you.

I sent you my email in my previous email.

Please send an email and I will reply with the FDE Zip file for you.

As I informed you before your LINK did NOT got "honored" by Flightsim.com.

THEY did not find anything so I took the LIBERTY to get a CASA 212-200.

I DOWNLOADED the following ZIP file :

"Casa C212-200 gmax_casa_c212-200_ai_model.zip"

In case it is NOT the correct file PLEASE let me know which one I should have a look at.

The set FDE I finished flies between KPBI and KBCT without a problem.

By the way, the person who designed the plane did a good job with the exception of the CFG & AIR file ...

To make it a flyable version, what I did to test the plane, more info's are needed.

I can NOT imagine that a "fast" Cargo plane like the 212 has Spoilers but who knows.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

P.S. I took a couple of SNAP Shots so I can send them to you to show that the plane flies in

the AI environment, taxi to Take Off RWY, Takes Of, Cruises to Destination, Flies the Approach,Lands and Taxis to the Parking Spot, Shuts down and starts later the Return Flight.

( WITHOUT any Porpoising at even at 4 times Simulator Speed there is NO nick or bubble visible)

Hi Mr. Doug,

YUP this is the one which is ready for you since Wednesday when i wrote you a email that the task is completed.

I sent you an email Wednesday and this one I'm sending now to is from today,Thursday 06-17-21 at 11:13 P.M. EST

I send you my email again. here we go.

gkcherry11@t-online.de

The email address is a German one, but I live in Florida.

Contact me please, so I can send you the ZIP file.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

@GK.

This may be slightly off topic but relating to AI aircraft. When following an AI in flight they fly level then every so often they sway from left to right then back on track again, I first thought it was related to the wind but it seems it isn't.

Now on the odd occasion I've had an AI that flies level all the way and never sways, so then I'm thinking is it something in the cfg that stops it from happening, I looked in the Yaw settings but they are no different to the ones that do the this swaying in flight.

Any ideas or have you ever noticed it?

Col.

Good morning Sir,

please give me the name of the plane and the FLT & WX file and I will have a look at it.

I do not want to offend anybody about the knowledge what and how it works in FS9 AI.

The VFR flight plan follows a different Flight Track than an IFR does.

Sometimes, even the standard Airport pattern, left hand turns, is used SOME plans fly a Right Turn Pattern !! and at different Altitudes.

In your description of the sweaing left and right I honestly do not know what you are describing.

So please let me know what plane & Flight Plan you have.

I.E. on an Seaport the plans TAXI out and at the Hold Short point they BOUNCH Up on each other and heap of different planes

"COMPOSE" a new plane.

In the beginning of FS9 I reported 88 problems to MS but never received any answer.

All of my planes in my FS9 are measured to the correct dimension and for each plane and model the corresponding FDE set, CFG & AIR

files are created.

With the model seperation, in case there are different engines, weight & special functions, I create a own entry in the aircraft library.

Each plane can be flown in ALL of the FS9 Environments and is using ONLY the same set of the FDE.

Pilot controlled

Autopilot controlled

ILS / NDB Approaches

AI Environment ( all types of planes WWI, WWII, Jet, Amphibiums , Sea planes)

AGAIN, each plane and model has its OWN set of FDE's and there is NOT one set of FDE for all planes in AI.

ONE set of FDE per plane & model, BUT used in ALL Environments within FS9.

This, selfspoken, Defines that in my FS9 I use the Full plane as released by the designer EVEN the texture and the Panel and the Sound

is used.

Sorry for the long explanation and maybe sometimes confusing explanations, but my mother tongue is not English.

Please let me know how I can address your described problem.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely

Guenter Kirschstein

P.S. I do not check FS Forums to frequently and therefore I rather do my exchanges by email.

gkcherry11@t-online.de (it is a German Account but I live in Florida)