Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ai Aircraft porpoising on landing.

Good morning Mr. Doug,

I can NOT confirm this kind of behavior.

What happens, even when I use the carriers, the FLIGHT Pass is irregular from the last Way Point to the IAF Point (Initial Approach Fix point) for
    landing.
    W I T H I N a distance of just 300 ft the plane , I.E., TURNS left and than sharply TURNS back to the right and proceeds on Track.

IF you use the TRAFFIC Map in AI you will see these are actually CORRECT Pattern Points and the plane does NOT fly incorrectly at all.

I guess I mentioned in one of my messages that I reported 88 abnormalities of FS9 to MS.
    NO reply of course, I guess THEY never had in mind to correct or improve anything !! (My humble honest opinion)

I also asked where can I see the Airport Traffic pattern turning point, from T.O. to Cross Leg to Downwind to Base Leg to Final and never got an answer either.

Big heavy and faster airplanes need, at least in my opinion, a little bit more of room to maneuver around the Traffic Pattern ...

Anyhow Mr. Colonel and Mr. Doug try to use and CONFIRM during any AI flight whether the movement of the plane to any direction is at this moment correct due the position of the Way Points along the Flight Route / Pass.

So again my opinion is that, IF the plane behaves correct in AI , to see whether the plane flies PERFECT (set the FS9 to 4X speed), see the MAP at this moment to check for Way Point around your present position.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Good Day Sir,

I did NOT mean to insult anybody, rather I am upset because I did not understand what was mend ...

Pleas take my apologies Sir in case I have offended you.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Hey no offence taken my friend.

I think I found out what I once did a while ago to disable the the wind in FS.

I re-installed 'Plan-G' and in that program you can set the wind to zero 0, this is what I did last time and it seemed to work, I will test it out again and report back.

Col.

Hi Col.

IF you select any plane and FS9 loads it the Air & CFG is PARSED (SCANNED) for the MINIMUM required sections whether they are present or not.

If any required section is missing FS9 substitutes it with THEIR templates they have for ALMOST every type of plane, I.E. EXCEPTION they do not have a 4 engine Turboprop, and the missing section are stored in the CFG file than at the end of the CFG.

Here are the names some of the MS FDE Templates:

FourEngineJet.air
    FourEngineJet.cfg

Glider.air
    Glider.cfg

SingleEngineProp.air
    SingleEngineProp.cfg

SingleEngineTurboprop.air
    SingleEngineTurboprop.cfg

TwinEngineCommercialJet.air
    TwinEngineCommercialJet.cfg

TwinEngineProp.air
    TwinEngineProp.cfg

TwinEngineTurboprop.air
    TwinEngineTurboprop.cfg

Other missing info is taken, IF present, from the planes AIR file to substitute missing Entries / Values.

This way sometimes plane I check have a DOUBLE entry of certain entries, just misspell the
    [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] in any way and then check at the end of the CFG file ...

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Sincerely

Guenter Kirschstein

TY Guenter, you certainly are a genius. That answered that question.

Col.

Well after installing Plan-G setting the wind to 0 zero, I had a DC-3 as the test aircraft, that one seems to do an lot of swaying but this time it flew straight the whole journey except when it had to change course.

So setting the wind to zero stops that swaying motion with the AI, plus it was nice having Plan-G back again it gave me a moving map and I see where my aircraft was on it as well.

Col.

Hi Sir,

what DC-3 did you test ??

MS standard DC-3 or ??

Let me know please so I can see what happens.

Drives me nuts ..

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Guys to be honest I'm not that fanatical about it. I always accepted FS9 for what it is. I have enjoyed playing around with lots of things over the years, some worked out some didn't and even released a thing or two (see my website link ) but trying to get it to work perfect is a nice way to go insane.

Although dedicated to making a great flight simulator the Aces team always had to work under the constraints placed on them by mother Microsoft which was strictly in for the money.

I am grateful to all of the developers that worked so hard to make it better and more enjoyable. (and also for allowing me to show up for my first flight lesson many years ago prepared with so much knowledge about flying).

--Doug
    Last edited by douga66; 06-20-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

I must agree Doug, I just like tinkering with it, some things annoy me but like you said, some get sorted others don't and never will.

I always notice as well with these type of programs, when people get a lot of the bugs sorted and they introduce improvements, they bring out a nwere version with a different code and it starts all over again.

Col.

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post

I always notice as well with these type of programs, when people get a lot of the bugs sorted and they introduce improvements, they bring out a nwere version with a different code and it starts all over again.

Col.
    Yes that's the truth. Kinda like Microsoft Windows, warning Windows 11 coming out soon!
    To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast