Ai Aircraft porpoising on landing.

ColR1948

@GK,

I created a few seaplane ports with AFCAD, they all work in in FS9, then just out of curiosity I tried them in FSx and they worked in that too.

I make them concret 1 food wide, they are then invisible in the water, I have a good few seaplanes as AI, I had to tweak them to work but they do.

As for the swaying to a fro it isn't just one aircraft but many, you notice it when following, but like I said there a few that for some reason don't do it.

Col

hi Sir,

how many amps & seaplanes would you like to have ?

Any plane from Italy, USA, GB, Germany, Japan, Canada, France ... would like to have some of them like Spruce Goose, Martin Mariner,

Convair Coronado, Shinwa Japan, Blohm & Voss all of them, Focke Wulff, Saunders Priness , Latecore France and so on ..

just joking Sir.

Colonel thank you much for the offer I appreciate it.

Again, I apologize for it, I do not know what you mean when you described the "planes" to be off track and then back on track ..

I really want to understand this problem and see what it might be or how it can be solved.

Sir, IF you do not mind to give me more infos or the plane, Flight plan etc. I will look into it.

I have an AI environment set up with ONE Airbase, consisting of an Land Airport, a Seaport and 4 other adjacent airport included.

At the start of the FS9 the AI Explorer shows 212 active planes on all airports whereof my "NAZI" Airbase, Land & Seaport, are hosting

> 154 planes alone.

Even old British Cargo planes are joining in like Bristol 170 Silver City, Blackburn Beverley in my set up.

By the way, ALL of the planes are THEEEE Original released planes with full Textures, Panel, Sound and my "Computore" does NOT stutter

at any time.

I love FS9 and I'm a little bit mad at MS that the did NOT fix any problem I reported to them to make it the best FS of all times.

I never understood Companies to work on the follow on product already and not fixing the present product and make it EVEN worst of

CARRYING the known problems into the new product.

IF we have worked 65 years ago like theese people did and do THAN there would be NO PC in existance !!

Terra Bytes of Disk Space, Giga Bytes of Memory and nothing ... we had the unbelievable amount of 80 characters of memory, 10 mio capacity of hard drive ....

Sorry, I got carried away.

PLEASE let me know about this problem, it bugs me of not being solved.

Sincerely

Guenter Kirschstein

OMG

Guenter,

I understand how you feel but also remember everyone has a different setup of their flight sim, so when one person has a fault with a certain thing another has no problem with it, but like you we try to help each other and suggest to try this or that etc, we would be stuck if it wasn't for forums like these.

Col.

hi Sir,

Again, I apologize for it, I do not know what you mean when you described the "planes" to be off track and then back on track ..

OMG

Guenter,

I think what Colin is talking about is that when you follow some AI, especially at cruise altitude that at regular intervals the plane will suddenly start to veer to one side and then correct itself by veering back on course. I have seen this happen many times. It doesn't really bother me and the aircraft arrive at the destination anyway. Don't know if it is a FS9 glitch or an aircraft problem but it does happen.

--Doug

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Doug thank you, I'm kinda pleased someone else notices this yet sorry in another way.

Going back a few years I brought this subject up and someone answered saying he disabled the wind and it stopped the aircraft doing it.

I did it and it seemed to work but I have forgot how to disable the wind, I will look it up and try it again, it might be something that simple.

Off topic:

In the aircraft.cfg, make a backup copy the edit it so that only the [FltSim.0] [weight_and_balance] [lights] & [contact_points] are left then deleted everything else.

Start the sim and watch that aircraft, it flies normal, pause the sim then look in the aircraft.cfg and you will see all those things you deleted will be written back in.

So where does the sim get that information if you deleted it?

Col.

Good morning Mr. Doug,

I can NOT confirm this kind of behavior.

What happens, even when I use the carriers, the FLIGHT Pass is irregular from the last Way Point to the IAF Point (Initial Approach Fix point) for

landing.

W I T H I N a distance of just 300 ft the plane , I.E., TURNS left and than sharply TURNS back to the right and proceeds on Track.

IF you use the TRAFFIC Map in AI you will see these are actually CORRECT Pattern Points and the plane does NOT fly incorrectly at all.

I guess I mentioned in one of my messages that I reported 88 abnormalities of FS9 to MS.

NO reply of course, I guess THEY never had in mind to correct or improve anything !! (My humble honest opinion)

I also asked where can I see the Airport Traffic pattern turning point, from T.O. to Cross Leg to Downwind to Base Leg to Final and never got an answer either.

Big heavy and faster airplanes need, at least in my opinion, a little bit more of room to maneuver around the Traffic Pattern ...

Anyhow Mr. Colonel and Mr. Doug try to use and CONFIRM during any AI flight whether the movement of the plane to any direction is at this moment correct due the position of the Way Points along the Flight Route / Pass.

So again my opinion is that, IF the plane behaves correct in AI , to see whether the plane flies PERFECT (set the FS9 to 4X speed), see the MAP at this moment to check for Way Point around your present position.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Hey no offence taken my friend.

I think I found out what I once did a while ago to disable the the wind in FS.

I re-installed 'Plan-G' and in that program you can set the wind to zero 0, this is what I did last time and it seemed to work, I will test it out again and report back.

Col.

Hi Col.

IF you select any plane and FS9 loads it the Air & CFG is PARSED (SCANNED) for the MINIMUM required sections whether they are present or not.

If any required section is missing FS9 substitutes it with THEIR templates they have for ALMOST every type of plane, I.E. EXCEPTION they do not have a 4 engine Turboprop, and the missing section are stored in the CFG file than at the end of the CFG.

Here are the names some of the MS FDE Templates:

FourEngineJet.air

FourEngineJet.cfg

Glider.air

Glider.cfg

SingleEngineProp.air

SingleEngineProp.cfg

SingleEngineTurboprop.air

SingleEngineTurboprop.cfg

TwinEngineCommercialJet.air

TwinEngineCommercialJet.cfg

TwinEngineProp.air

TwinEngineProp.cfg

TwinEngineTurboprop.air

TwinEngineTurboprop.cfg

Other missing info is taken, IF present, from the planes AIR file to substitute missing Entries / Values.

This way sometimes plane I check have a DOUBLE entry of certain entries, just misspell the

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] in any way and then check at the end of the CFG file ...

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Sincerely

Guenter Kirschstein

Well after installing Plan-G setting the wind to 0 zero, I had a DC-3 as the test aircraft, that one seems to do an lot of swaying but this time it flew straight the whole journey except when it had to change course.

So setting the wind to zero stops that swaying motion with the AI, plus it was nice having Plan-G back again it gave me a moving map and I see where my aircraft was on it as well.

Col.

Guys to be honest I'm not that fanatical about it. I always accepted FS9 for what it is. I have enjoyed playing around with lots of things over the years, some worked out some didn't and even released a thing or two (see my website link ;) ) but trying to get it to work perfect is a nice way to go insane.

Although dedicated to making a great flight simulator the Aces team always had to work under the constraints placed on them by mother Microsoft which was strictly in for the money.

I am grateful to all of the developers that worked so hard to make it better and more enjoyable. (and also for allowing me to show up for my first flight lesson many years ago prepared with so much knowledge about flying).

--Doug

Edited by douga66

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I must agree Doug, I just like tinkering with it, some things annoy me but like you said, some get sorted others don't and never will.

I always notice as well with these type of programs, when people get a lot of the bugs sorted and they introduce improvements, they bring out a nwere version with a different code and it starts all over again.

Col.

I always notice as well with these type of programs, when people get a lot of the bugs sorted and they introduce improvements, they bring out a nwere version with a different code and it starts all over again.

Col.

Yes that's the truth. Kinda like Microsoft Windows, warning Windows 11 coming out soon! :cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Doug, yes I heard about Windows 11, some say it is a bit like Windows 10+ and you will see lots of posts after it's release of all the bugs, but isn't it funny, I'm not a fan of Windows 10 but I have seen posts where again as already said people have started to iron out the bugs.

Sorry going off topic.

Col.