Empty Scenery Areas?

pomak249

Hi Guys

My FSX Deluxe boxed edition works great with my Win10 so no running issues here!

However I recently deleted a ton of addon scenery (load times well short now) and recently moved some entries down the list in the FSXUI world scenery library, on doing so I noticed that areas 268 and 269 are empty? Theres nothing missing that I can see just 2 empty areas? All the main players are there AFRI, NAME, EURE......etc etc etc.... just wondered why these two lines are empty?

I tried moving everything up to fill the spaces but the list just defaults to empty 268 and 269?

Just thought it strange?

As I said no issues with the game at all!

Mick

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Hi Guys

My FSX Deluxe boxed edition works great with my Win10 so no running issues here!

However I recently deleted a ton of addon scenery (load times well short now) and recently moved some entries down the list in the FSXUI world scenery library, on doing so I noticed that areas 268 and 269 are empty? Theres nothing missing that I can see just 2 empty areas? All the main players are there AFRI, NAME, EURE......etc etc etc.... just wondered why these two lines are empty?

I tried moving everything up to fill the spaces but the list just defaults to empty 268 and 269?

Just thought it strange?

As I said no issues with the game at all!

Mick

Probably redundant scenery. Delete if not needed - BTW you need to restore the sequencing of any .cfg file that is `looking` for those scenery areas.

As i suspected no big deal - i wouldnt have a clue regarding the .cfg thingy as i get no missing scenery error messages

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Hi Mick,

Personally, I prefer to do things old school and manually add new entries directly to the scenery,cfg file by editing it in notepad - I don't use the FSX scenery settings page at all....however, a freeware tool that is useful for checking for errors that you may find useful is Scenery Config Editor (SCE)

See HERE for info and HERE to download...

One of the features offered by the tool is that it will automatically highlight any problem areas...

Another feature some find useful is that it can be used as a substitute to the FSX scenery setting page - you can add new scenery or change its location within the priority list via the tool and it will automatically update FSX when you next start it - saves having to visit the FSX scenery setting page once FSX loading has completed to activate/de-activate scenery...

Regards

Brian