New TDS Boeing 737 max9 v3 protection

ScottishMike

I downloaded the new TDS 737 max9 v3, it is a nice model but I am unable to change the aircraft.cfg file so it fits in with my naming convention; if the " ui-manufacturer=* " is changed in any way the aircraft does not appear in the FS2004 aircraft listing.

My convention is as follows. In the file listing:

Aircraft folder.JPG

And this appears as follows in the FS2004 internal aircraft listing:

Aircraft listing.JPG

Thanks TDS for the excellent freeware, but why do you now find it necessary to introduce this extra "feature", I presume to stop your cerations from unauthorized copying?

Is TDS the one where it says at the top of the cfg not to delete this section?

I downloaded it to see and yes it is that one, I leave TDS aircraft alone now.

I like to edit the cfg to my liking.

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Mike - You will see all kinds of entries for ui_manufacturers! Developers like TDS, Opensky, Camsim, you name it, want to put their name in this entry for some reason, maybe it's gets them some attention. This entry is looking for who actually built the aircraft, such as Boeing, Airbus, Cessna, Piper and the list goes on! If you keep TDS in the entry for manufacturer, it will not show up! Make the plunge, Mike, the aircraft was built by Boeing and that should be the entry!

Good luck!

Rick :cool::cool:

I wonder how TDS did the 'protection' that makes the aircraft disappear when you change any of the 'don't change' bits if there isn't AFAIK, any executable code inside the aircraft cfg and air files?

Also, agreed on the addon aircraft should have its real life manufacturer as its ui manufacturer, its much easier to search for the aircraft you want if you have lots of aircraft/lots of aircraft from the same developer.

Yes I appreciate the work that the person who built the aircraft model, I'm not knocking them, I wish I had that talent.

I sometimes add their name in the aircraft.cfg because many times you see a texture for Joe X such and such aircraft and you can search your files and find it, but if his name has gone you are not sure you have the right model.

It isn't hard for the model maker to add a line that sim won't read but is a reference to his name.

Col.

Hello Downwind66, the whole problem is if the " ui_manufacturer=TDS737MAXV3 " is changed in any way the aircraft does not appear in the FS9 aircraft listing. Previous TDS aircraft did not have this "protection". Why is it felt necessary now?

I suppose it is TDS's privilege to put any features they like in their creations, it is freeware, as users we have to like it or lump it.

However I would have felt developers (freeware or payware) would like to see their aircraft downloaded and used by the greatest number possible and, in my opinion, this degree of protection will severely limit the number of people that will use this aircraft (good as it is).

Mike - TDS should have protected an entry like ui_createdby=TDS, but certainly not the manufacturer (see my example below). TDS is not a manufacturer, they are a developer. Have you tried changing the manufacturer to Boeing? I would bet that it is not protected and you will get your aircraft. You can always insert a line like the example below, adding TDS as the creator!

[fltsim.0]

title=SkySpirit 2011 - Boeing 747-8i UNITED merger

sim=Skyspirit 747-8 Series

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=UAmerger

kb_checklists=boeing747_check

kb_reference=boeing747_ref

atc_airline=United

atc_flight_number=448

ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner

ui_createdby=SkySpirit2011

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type=747-8i

ui_variation=UNITED AIRLINES

visual_damage=1

atc_heavy=1

atc_id=N23748

description=Project Opensky - 747-400BCF\nVersion 2006.9.7-FSX\n\nEngine Type GE CF6

Let us know how you make out! As the saying goes, "LET'S DO THIS!"

Rick :cool:

Mike - I found this in one of the downloads in this site's library. Warning applies to the title! You will also see that the developer shows TDS as the manufacturer! This aircraft like yours will never show up in the aircraft listing. I would change the manufacturer to Boeing and get your aircraft and go do some flying!

// WARNING NEVER TAKE OFF "FREEWARE_©_TDS_16AUG2013" from title= -------------------------

// If you do those , wings will be gone and other unexpected things will happen. |

// Title must be under 127 character since FSX will cause error when exceed. |

// If you have any problems please find our Facebook Group Support Page at |

// https://www.facebook.com/groups/TDS.SkySpirit.B737NG/ |

// |

// +A ... Option Antenna |

// +D ... Option Decal |

// +B ... Option Beacon Position |

// |

// Number after Above is Hex and checks at Bit |

//0 = 0000 | DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING

//1 = 0001 | BETWEEN THESE BRACKETS

//2 = 0010 |---- THIS IS INFO FOR OUR

//3 = 0011 | SECURITY CODES AND MODEL

//4 = 0100 | OPTIONS.

//5 = 0101 |

//6 = 0110 |

//7 = 0111 |

//8 = 1000 |

//9 = 1001 |

//A = 1010 |

//B = 1011 |

//C = 1100 |

//D = 1101 |

//E = 1110 |

//F = 1111 ------------------------|

[fltsim.0]

// 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2

// 01234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567

title=FREEWARE_©_TDS_16AUG2013_739MAX_LEAPX1B--P2WM_+A7000_+D00_+B1 AllWhite

sim=TDSBoeing737-MAX9

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=BOE

kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check

kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref

atc_id=N739M

atc_airline=BOEING

atc_flight_number=884

atc_heavy=0

atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP, CARGO

atc_parking_code=ASA

ui_manufacturer=TDS

ui_variation=Boeing House

visual_damage=1

description=The Boeing 737NG is Boeing's 3rd generation and latest addition to their 737 lineup. The 737 is a short to medium range, single-isle airliner, which started production in 1996 and entered service in 1998. There are 4 basic variants to the 737NG, which can seat 110 and 210 passengers. It is also available as a cargo aircraft, a quick convertible aircraft, maritime patrol, military airborne radar, and a business jet. Over 4,500 737NG airframes have been sold and delivered around the world.

visual_damage=

I've never been fond of TDS and have steered clear of them. This download of yours is worthless to you until you make the change of manufacturer to Boeing. It's up to you, Mike!

Oh, by the way, I have seen where the title of the TDS aircraft has exceeded the 127 character, and it did present a problem, but, not to the extent of wings falling off or passengers jumping out of the aircraft. It would prevent the download from working until the title character count was reduced below 127! This isn't the case with your aircraft, you just need to change the manufacturer to Boeing and you should be good to go!

Now I have had my say! Go flying and enjoy that "Bad Boy!"

Edited by Downwind66

I might have mis-read your post? First thing you need to do, is change ui_manufacturer to =Boeing!!! Secondly, your aircraft convention listing is not created from the aircraft.cfg. You can go in on that listing and change it to whatever you like, such as:

Boeing_737 TDS Scottish Mike. The aircraft.cfg will determine how the pictorial aircraft listing will be worded. Has nothing to do with what your computer displays such as what you have shown as your "convention!"

In the example that I used in Post #9, the aircraft.cfg created the wording on the aircraft pictorial listing as:

Boeing 747-8i UNITED

AIRLINES (this word centered on the first line}

My computer listing shows this as:

Boeing_747-8i UAL (could be anything I choose to go along with how my other aircraft are listed on the computer)

Have I confused your post that much more?

Edited by Downwind66

Downwind66. Have you downloaded the aircraft in question and tried changing the ui_manufacturer=TDS737MAXV3 in FS2004?

The whole point is: if you do change it from the above the aircraft WILL NOT show up in the FS2004 aircraft listing at all.

My example shots where just showing how I like my aircraft files to show up.

I change the file name so there is consistency in the Windows folder; to get the same consistency in the FS2004 aircraft listing the

" ui_manufacturer= " field has to be changed in the aircraft.cfg file

The problem is not WHAT to change, it is that TDS in V3 have introduced protection that stops the aircraft from being listed in the FS2004 aircraft listing if the "ui_manufacturer= " field is altered in any way.

The problem is not WHAT to change, it is that TDS in V3 have introduced protection that stops the aircraft from being listed in the FS2004 aircraft listing if the "ui_manufacturer= " field is altered in any way.

This is very true! Even in FSX, if no changes were made to the aircraft.cfg file, the aircraft would show up in the Aircraft Selection Page under "TDS" and not Boeing. My guess would be that FSX will let you make the ui-manufacture= change but FS2004 won't.

Bet that drives folks with OCD crazy! :eek:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Downwind66. Have you downloaded the aircraft in question and tried changing the ui_manufacturer=TDS737MAXV3 in FS2004?

The whole point is: if you do change it from the above the aircraft WILL NOT show up in the FS2004 aircraft listing at all.

My example shots where just showing how I like my aircraft files to show up.

I change the file name so there is consistency in the Windows folder; to get the same consistency in the FS2004 aircraft listing the

" ui_manufacturer= " field has to be changed in the aircraft.cfg file

Mike - My apologies and I will back out of this conversation! Serves me right trying to give FSX help for a FS2004 and/or TDS problem!

Good luck with the TDS aircraft!

Rick:cool::cool::cool:

Edited by Downwind66

• 5 months later...