Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New TDS Boeing 737 max9 v3 protection

I might have mis-read your post? First thing you need to do, is change ui_manufacturer to =Boeing!!! Secondly, your aircraft convention listing is not created from the aircraft.cfg. You can go in on that listing and change it to whatever you like, such as:
    Boeing_737 TDS Scottish Mike. The aircraft.cfg will determine how the pictorial aircraft listing will be worded. Has nothing to do with what your computer displays such as what you have shown as your "convention!"

In the example that I used in Post #9, the aircraft.cfg created the wording on the aircraft pictorial listing as:

Boeing 747-8i UNITED
    AIRLINES (this word centered on the first line}

My computer listing shows this as:

Boeing_747-8i UAL (could be anything I choose to go along with how my other aircraft are listed on the computer)

Have I confused your post that much more?

Rick
    Last edited by Downwind66; 06-14-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Downwind66. Have you downloaded the aircraft in question and tried changing the ui_manufacturer=TDS737MAXV3 in FS2004?

The whole point is: if you do change it from the above the aircraft WILL NOT show up in the FS2004 aircraft listing at all.

My example shots where just showing how I like my aircraft files to show up.
    I change the file name so there is consistency in the Windows folder; to get the same consistency in the FS2004 aircraft listing the
    " ui_manufacturer= " field has to be changed in the aircraft.cfg file

The problem is not WHAT to change, it is that TDS in V3 have introduced protection that stops the aircraft from being listed in the FS2004 aircraft listing if the "ui_manufacturer= " field is altered in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishMike View Post
    The problem is not WHAT to change, it is that TDS in V3 have introduced protection that stops the aircraft from being listed in the FS2004 aircraft listing if the "ui_manufacturer= " field is altered in any way.
    This is very true! Even in FSX, if no changes were made to the aircraft.cfg file, the aircraft would show up in the Aircraft Selection Page under "TDS" and not Boeing. My guess would be that FSX will let you make the ui-manufacture= change but FS2004 won't.

Bet that drives folks with OCD crazy!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

It's crazy, imagine having a Jenkins-747, a Simpson-Viscount, A Smith-Dakota and so on lol.

"Don't you mean a Boeing 747?" "No mine is a Jenkins-747."

Col.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishMike View Post
    Downwind66. Have you downloaded the aircraft in question and tried changing the ui_manufacturer=TDS737MAXV3 in FS2004?

The whole point is: if you do change it from the above the aircraft WILL NOT show up in the FS2004 aircraft listing at all.

My example shots where just showing how I like my aircraft files to show up.
    I change the file name so there is consistency in the Windows folder; to get the same consistency in the FS2004 aircraft listing the
    " ui_manufacturer= " field has to be changed in the aircraft.cfg file

Mike - My apologies and I will back out of this conversation! Serves me right trying to give FSX help for a FS2004 and/or TDS problem!

Good luck with the TDS aircraft!

Rick
    Last edited by Downwind66; 06-15-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Thumbs up

I edit all the Aircraft.cfg files! Only Bill Lyon's models don't need fixing! Boeing 757-200 El Al Israeli Airlines. Manufacturer, Type, and Variation, all my planes follow this system!

Christopher Tarana

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12