P3D5.2 Scenery Update and ORBX

dnpaul

Having successfully updated the client and content components of P3D 5.2, I am downloading the scenery cabs and getting ready to go for it!

I have ORBX FTX Global Base and Vector with FTX Scotland installed at present. What is the best way to handle this? Should I un-install all the ORBX stuff first? I'm actually a bit curious to see what the ground scenery will be like with just a stock P3D 5.2 install. If I do un-install ORBX stuff, is there a way to not have to re-download all the big files if I choose to re-install it after the P3D scenery components get installed?

Thanks!

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

No Problemo :)

Wondering if any of the ORBX products will need updates, I have several that I bought for FSX and was thrilled to see ORBX just give them to you when you installed Prepar3D

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

No Problemo :)

Wondering if any of the ORBX products will need updates, I have several that I bought for FSX and was thrilled to see ORBX just give them to you when you installed Prepar3D

AFAIK no updates needed, but question how the ORBX accommodates the `new` lighting structure?

The ORBX products don't need updating specifically for P3Dv5.2. They will all install just fine. If any point updates are needed after the install ORBX Central will update whatever is needed. That's one thing I really like about ORBX...they never make you buy anything twice.
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

...That's one thing I really like about ORBX...they never make you buy anything twice.

They are charging when you buy a like product when migrating to MSFS2020. At least they offer a "Bundle" discount to do so that I don't mind taking advantage of instead of waiting for it to go on sale.

• 3 weeks later...

I must do a thorough job of uninstalling a old version of P3D cuz every time I install a new version, I get asked over a 100 times to "Enable a add-ons"

What file should I keep (and where) to place into a fresh install?

I must do a thorough job of uninstalling a old version of P3D cuz every time I install a new version, I get asked over a 100 times to "Enable a add-ons"

Use `P3D Delete Generated Files`. In your main P3D folder:

...Then run Orbx Synchronisation...

...Then run Orbx Synchronisation...

This is my situation...

If you have installed your Orbx products into a library (i.e., outside the simulator), when you uninstall v5 your Orbx products will still remain installed, but just not linked to your simulator.

Then, once you've installed v5, open Orbx Central. Click Settings -> Help -> Sync Simulator. That will edit your Prepar3D add-ons.cfg, re-adding the Orbx library path and automatically linking your Orbx scenery again.

I do the Settings -> Help -> Sync Simulator, which is successful, just running P3D for the first time the dialog box pops up asking to OK every add-on I have.

I was just asking what file I can save and paste into a freshly installed P3D version so I can skip the routine of OKing every add-on.

This is my situation...

I do the Settings -> Help -> Sync Simulator, which is successful, just running P3D for the first time the dialog box pops up asking to OK every add-on I have.

I was just asking what file I can save and paste into a freshly installed P3D version so I can skip the routine of OKing every add-on.

None of them. Who knows what you have left from the previous iteration?

I found the answer to my question at the P3D Forum, thanks anyways.