Different "Window Sizes" for Panel

scott_295

I created a little panel to use while taxiing in spot view (the Mooney clock and a gauge that shows ground speed). I couldn't decide which I preferred, panel 1 with the gauges side by side or panel 2 with one gauge on top of the other. I have them in different positions, as well, hence the different configuration. So I did both to see which I liked better.

Now here's the thing I don't understand: in order for the gauges to look normal sized, I have the window size of panel 1 set to 0.14 but for panel 2 I have to set it to 0.07, otherwise it's a lot larger.

Can someone explain that?

If the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... hee hee. Oh, you ought to see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a 52 - vrooom! Ha! Its jet exhaust frying chickens in the barnyard! Ha ha! - Gen Buck Turgidson

It would help us if you could post the actual window section from your panel.cfg file.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Normally there are two numbers after a window_size= entry. The first is the width and the second is the height. If you only include one number, that is the width. Since the width of panel 1 would be twice as wide as panel 2, that number needs to be twice as large.

Yep, I get it now. In the past, when a gauge looked round, I've used only one number for the window size. I forgot you can't do that with rectangular gauges. Boy do I feel stupid. lol

Thanks.

If the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... hee hee. Oh, you ought to see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a 52 - vrooom! Ha! Its jet exhaust frying chickens in the barnyard! Ha ha! - Gen Buck Turgidson