Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question

Default Question

.Question: What is the first thing a person looks for when he fly's into Washington DC?
    .Answer: A tall skinny, ugly apartment building.

Hi Glen, I was thinking the answer was The Whitehouse, but maybe you mean the Washington Monument? Either way they both look ok to me, although The Whitehouse looks a little small to me, but being a Brit' I've only ever seen it on tv

This is how they look on my system... sorry there's no sound as the audio didn't record properly for some reason.

https://youtu.be/rIf7sCSKBzw

If you're seeing these differently on yours, maybe you need to download the USA world update? Just a thought. From the main MSFS menu, click on Marketplace & make sure you say yes to free content (see tab on left of screen) you should then see World Update II: USA
    I can’t remember if you have to click “buy” or download. Either way you will not be charged anything

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by g7rta; 06-10-2021 at 11:53 AM.
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset

The White House IS small, in real life. It is correctly modeled in MSFS, as are the Washington Monument. Lincoln Memorial, Capitol Building, and many other DC buildings -- IF you have a properly updated MSFS (the earlier DC scenery was corrected in one of the updates). This issue has already been discussed in an earlier thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    The White House IS small, in real life. It is correctly modeled in MSFS, as are the Washington Monument. Lincoln Memorial, Capitol Building, and many other DC buildings -- IF you have a properly updated MSFS (the earlier DC scenery was corrected in one of the updates). This issue has already been discussed in an earlier thread.
    Ok on the Whitehouse. Everything looks fine to me then. VFR Guy may need to update his though if he’s seeing them as office blocks.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset

He remarked in another post that he could not get photogrammetry to work. I think that may be his problem?
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

No, the DC scenery is not based on photogrammetry. It is hand-crafted.

I think Glen simply needs to install the USA world update. There’s a pretty good chance he won’t have done that because having to go into the Marketplace & clicking”buy and download” isn’t all that obvious. Many people would easily think they were going to be charged for it.

Regards
    Steve

I was just poking fun at the at the jerk that put a tall ugly apartment building where the the Washington monument should be.
    It is hard for me to believe that the big wigs let him get away with that (I assume he was a him, a pretty girl would find something more pleasing for good old George).
    I assume that you smart guys have found a work around visual and don't have to look at it. Us dorks have to look at things right out box.
    No matter how much you tweak your fancy computers, the ugly building is still there, you just don't see it. It shows disrespect for George Washington and the big wigs let him get away with it. I would fire him.
    How hard is it to build a monument? Look at all the pretty stuff that is already in your computer.
    VFRguy
    Last edited by VFRguy; 06-10-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VFRguy View Post
    I was just poking fun at the at the jerk that put a tall ugly apartment building where the the Washington monument should be.
    It is hard for me to believe that the big wigs let him get away with that (I assume he was a him, a pretty girl would find something more pleasing for good old George).
    I assume that you smart guys have found a work around visual and don't have to look at it. Us dorks have to look at things right out box.
    No matter how much you tweak your fancy computers, the ugly building is still there, you just don't see it. It shows disrespect for George Washington and the big wigs let him get away with it. I would fire him.
    How hard is it to build a monument? Look at all the pretty stuff that is already in your computer.
    VFR guy
    Glen, I think you need to install the USA World Update (see above posts) and what you are seeing will be replaced with the monument (check out the YouTube link I posted https://youtu.be/rIf7sCSKBzw )
    You will also find the other world updates too which you might want to to install. Don’t worry about it saying “buy and download” - its completely free

I guess your fun went over all our heads because we have all installed the update and we see the actual monument.

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by g7rta; 06-10-2021 at 03:20 PM.

OK OK
    I take it all back.
    I will look into that update stuff despite the dire warning that Plainsman gave me.
    He is a nice man and very smart.
    I respect him and his advice very much.
    So much so, I am thinking about calling him Stickman.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast