The mystery of the community folder

How about guys like me?

I know very little but I am learning something new quite often.

I know that I have no business fiddling around with those files and folders.

So for now, I think it would be best if I used the Marketplace for my shopping.

And as far as making my computer run better and faster, well, someone else will have to worry about that.

Lord knows I have many many many things better to do with MSFS than gimp around with files.

It would nice to know how to do that stuff but for now, I'll just leave it all with you guys and watch from the background.

And put in my 1.5 cents worth from time to time.

VFRguy

PS You guys scare me.

Thank you JohnJohn, I will file that away under things to do. I mean it.

Edited by VFRguy

This thread is a good example of good intentions -- warning against add-ons -- that were based on inadequate knowledge of the subject. The evidence is overwhelming that add-ons are not a problem, and in fact greatly enhance MSFS, as the previous poster noted. I hope we can put this issue to rest.

Hadn't seen it under that point of view: a warning against add-ons!! :D

Guess you're right.

However nothing could be further from my case: I use almost exclusively 3rd party add-ons, both freeware and payware, and these are real fun.

Happy flying!!

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Interesting conversation on the operation of new simulator. I have watched a few videos lately on add on aircraft, cockpit looks great and detailed,787,777. It was mentioned that he does not use any default craft. I built my own computer recently just for MSFS2020 but after feedback by flight sim members and all the issues, crashes and so on I have yet to purchase the download. I use only one default craft Cirrus SF50 the other three are freeware in different simulator. This is my choice of planes to fly if possible, 787,777, F35, Cirrus SF50 or something similar, BD-5 or something similar. Can this be done now or sometime in future? My first impression from videos is they put a truck load of aircraft into system that may not be used at all or very little. If some people have little or no trouble and others have problems and I have been there it just could be there is something missing in the translation of procedure. If there was instructional video on procedure, you see it that is clear, if you read it then people form different meanings to what is said. Is MSFS2020 too complex, a go or a no go?