P3Dv5.2 released today!

vegasjon

This...

Believe I'll wait for the first 5.2 Hotfix.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Always good to have a few brave souls pave the way :) I'll still wait.

This is second hand cause of above issue...

According to the Prepar3D Forum this is from the experimental setting "Amortize Clouds". This will cause the clouds to update at a slower rate which can increase performance but also introduces visual artifacts, especially at lower framerates. Turning this off will cause this tearing to no longer occur.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Always good to have a few brave souls pave the way :) I'll still wait.

This is second hand cause of above issue...

Took the chance. Installed the full 5.2.

Worked fine from the off. No issues here, not even from Active Sky. All addons working OK, including FSUIPC.

I performed a complete install. Haven't used the platform in months so I wanted to see what it looked like as a default installation. I liked what I saw. I saw improved performance on my system (subjective), I can now use the EA without cringing. The dusks and dawns are improved and no glowing water at night. The night lights are a nice touch. Still need to check out airports to see if the taxiways are missing in many-many airports. That's what finally made me move on. But it felt like a incremental update... nothing earth shattering to bring me back full time. :) Hope others feel differently.

• 3 weeks later...
That didn't take long...the v5.2 Hotfix 1 came out couple days ago. Install tonight.