I have a list of some things that I miss from FS 10.

There is quite a few.

I am reluctant to post it here for fear of being labeled "useless" or the FORUM COPS mite get on my case.

I will think about it for a while while I head off for my eye exam.

Perhaps that is what is wrong with me

FS 10 was a good program and they should have saved a few things from it.

If I may suggest (and I am), perhaps take your list and see if others have the same concerns that you have, and have already posted about it, perhaps even found work arounds/answers.

No need to reinvent the wheel.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Hi Glen, there are probably several things missing from the new sim that we had in FSX but it doesn’t matter. The new sim is so much more enjoyable and they will be implementing many of these features in the coming months/years anyway. Would you go back to FSX (or any other sim)? I know I won’t be.

There are of course many things in out FSX I don’t miss... like shimmering graphic tiles...blurriness... etc

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

If I may offer a few suggestions.

1 Avoid any attempt to be abstruse. There are a myriad of different personalities on the forum, but most folks are sincere hobbyists who stop by here occasionally. They aren't seeking witty prose or abject metaphor.

2 Your opinions are appreciated, but not everyone shares your perspective. Again, there are many different reasons people enjoy this hobby. Not everyone wants to be a pilot, not everyone wants prototypical objects, not everyone flies the C172, not everyone flies the A320. Keep in mind that your perspective may be shared by some, but also dismissed by others. Just ignore those that see it differently as much as possible.

3 Some forum participants are more blunt and even sarcastic than others. It is VERY difficult to sense the cues we normally get from body language and gestures on a written forum. That can make a humorous comment sound abrasive.

4 I can personally attest that first impressions don't always match the real demeanor. Sometimes (admittedly rarely), a detractor can be won over and persuaded that you share the same objectives. Don't be too quick to react instead of creating ingratiating overtures.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I hear your words of wisdom and I will abide by your suggestions.

I like this place and I expect to learn a few things.

I will try to be friendly toward any being from mars and abide by earthly rules.

Well said planesman, well said indeed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I agree as well!!! Nicely said!

My style of flying is actually quite like VFRguy's, I go up to 1k AGL, put it on autopilot and look at the scenery.

ATC, HA! It only comes on when I hit "scroll lock" to see how my framerates and CPU/GPU temps are doing (both keys are bound to the same function). I did have it open a few days ago while flying over Jax. Only a 10 minute flight but for some reason the controller was wanting me to go to 10,000 feet. Actually was baffling, but oh well :)

The members on this forum have helped me quite a bit and that is one reason why I frequent it, the members. There have been other forums where if you don't follow certain unwritten rules you get blasted!!!!

As stated earlier, this is a hobby/game/simulation, we are here to have fun and squeeze the most out of MSFS that we can. I am forever tweaking things, hoping to get that little extra bit of scenery detail out of my GPU. Look out if I use my mouse to move the cockpit around, if I don't get it centered JUST perfectly, I am forever readjusting it. :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Over Jax?:-) are you talking about Jacksonville Florida? I fly over and into Jax all the time. My home airport is kfin (Flagler executive airport) in the sim and real life . I fly A c172 and am working on my single engine ppl rating now out of Flagler and working on my IFR rating too. The only thing that is really stopping me in real life is talking to atc. But I have been looking into vatsim and a couple others like it. I figure if I get comfortable talking to atc on a simulator side then real life won't be so bad

Over Jax?:-) are you talking about Jacksonville Florida? I fly over and into Jax all the time. My home airport is kfin (Flagler executive airport) in the sim and real life . I fly A c172 and am working on my single engine ppl rating now out of Flagler and working on my IFR rating too. The only thing that is really stopping me in real life is talking to atc. But I have been looking into vatsim and a couple others like it. I figure if I get comfortable talking to atc on a simulator side then real life won't be so bad

Yep, I'm talking about Jax FL :)

I fly out of KHEG all the time myself, but I have visited your airport. Did a trip from Palatka to Flagler one stormy night! Had fun flying that