Rex5 Sky Force 3D

hello all. not sure if it's just me or what but I cant use Rex Sky Force 3D any more. i launch Rex then the flight simulator and i got no weather. it's not even showing up in the add-ons menu. I go to the show hidden icons and Rex is not there. I got an error about net frame work so i uninstalled rex and the update reinstalled both and it still don't work. i also checked my FSUIPC that's up to date as is my sim connect. so is it the program or my computer? I no longer get the net frame work error but the weather is not injecting into the flight simulator either. maybe it's time to find a weather program that wants to work. or take out the update and see if it works then?
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

Hmmm hopefully I don’t get this…

I recently purchased Sky Force after dumping REX Essentials for the same reason. (Live weather stopped working and the program is no longer supported)

So far mine’s working fine. Please let us know what you find out.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

@JSkorna I did email them and they have not yet been much help. and @kingnorris. I'm in the same boat as you. I dumped rex essentials for sky force 3d and now it don't work at all. I'm thinking about trying to find something else that wants to work when I want to go flying with real world weather. and as of right now this rex sky force 3d ain't it:mad: the mad face ain't at you guys either by the way. I wasted 34.95$ and i have had it to long to get a refund on it.

It has to be related to the network frame error.

I will say, downloading and installing this for me was a two day affair. They made it so damn hard without having a computer science degree. And their manual was no help at all.

Their new website also sucks.

I’d say give Active Sky a try. I know it’s old (2016) but it seems reliable.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I'm not sure what it is. I have the net frame work installed already that it needs. and all my drivers are up to date. I have more then enough hard drive space. and I have more RAM then it needs I was able to get it to work for a split second and then it crashed again. it's not FSX it's self this is a rex issue. I completely uninstalled it yesterday and even made sure it's not in the registry. maybe I will try it again today and see what happens?

Sounds like the data is being blocked by your firewall. Try granting an exception for SF in your firewall(s). The prog name changed with the UG and some systems now block the data.

Smitty

ok i will try that. though it never asked for permission from my fire will. but after doing some research and stuff on my gaming computer i have come to the conclusion that it's the SF program and not my computer. although i wonder if it could be the windows smart screen thing to? that comes up during installation. maybe i can try turning that off and try again?

ok after turning off the windows smart screen thing and reinstalling SF i did not get the blue screen popping up saying this program was blocked and the prerequisites for SF and the update is blank so i think now that it's SF still. and i will also see if allowing it into the fire wall helps as well.

ok so i reinstalled SF+ it's update and run the program and this is what i get

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2021-06-07T13:14:14.1070216Z

EventRecordID 8910

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0

[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-VM8G8HF

Security

- EventData

rexskyforce.exe

KERNELBASE.dll

cbf6f7d1

e0434352

0012a6f2

01d75b9e20fbb18a

C:\REX Sky Force 3D\rexskyforce.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

836c8ff2-45b8-4ffe-a45d-e02ccd68e904

as well as this.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] .NET Runtime

- EventID 1026

[ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2021-06-07T13:14:13.4233543Z

EventRecordID 8909

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0

[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-VM8G8HF

Security

- EventData

Application: rexskyforce.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.set_Interval(Int32) at rexcore.rexcore.wrkWxInject_RunWorkerCompleted(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window) at System.Windows.Application.Run() at rexskyforce.App.Main()

and that's after installing the update for SF so it's either the update is not right or it's SF. because before this up date is installed SF will work.

I finally got SF to work. all I had to do was uninstall it altogether as well as the update. and reinstalled just SF NOT THE UPDATE!!! for those of you having the same issue as me DO NOT install the update!!! if you do it will break this program and if you uninstall just the update it will break this again. I am now flying the A2A cub with real world weather. take and shut off the update settings for this altogether and it will work. the update for this is broken and i still have not heard from Rex support as of yet. happy flying:pilot:

Search our knowledge base now and get the answers you need.

https://rexgamestudios.helpscoutdocs.com/

For general support assistance for your REX software, REX Axis is your place!

https://rexaxis.com/

Is this the route you took to contact them? For instance I can see it says:

After our initial release of Technical Update 2.5 there have been several items that need attention. Therefore, we have started to work on Technical Update 2.6. We are projecting to start testing in June and hope for a release in mid to late June.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Search our knowledge base now and get the answers you need.

https://rexgamestudios.helpscoutdocs.com/

For general support assistance for your REX software, REX Axis is your place!

https://rexaxis.com/

Is this the route you took to contact them? For instance I can see it says:

After our initial release of Technical Update 2.5 there have been several items that need attention. Therefore, we have started to work on Technical Update 2.6. We are projecting to start testing in June and hope for a release in mid to late June.

John

yes it is. and I got an email saying they have a high volume of support going on right now. so I would just wait on contacting them. but I got the program to work with out there help. I just got done flying with real world weather and it was a good flight

ok I finally heard back from Rex support. and they told me that the update for this is a full version of the program. so you have uninstall your old build number and install just the update. I wish they would have told me that 2 days ago. as it turns out this issue isn't with my computer or Rex it was bad information. it didn't say in the read-me file that this is a separate version and will cause conflicts with what's already installed:mad: so the update is not broken it's rex that lacks clarity on the information.