Just to prove I still exist

A recent flight from Ibiza (IBZ) to Palma Mallorca (PMI).

Solid cloud to 7000 + feet so not much to look at until landing. -- Bob

Screenshot-(11).jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Lookin' good, Bob! ;) Ever hear from our Dutch buddy anymore?:confused:

Thanks.

Not for a few months now. I know he's been having some health issues as well as the whole virus thing we're all enjoying.

Good to know you still exist Bob. Anxiously awaiting the landing shot so we can see what the rest of the aircraft looks like. :D

There is no more, just a false front like the town in Blazing Saddles. :rolleyes: -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is no more, just a false front like the town in Blazing Saddles. :rolleyes: -- Bob

I hope we hear from him sooner or later! I'd say more like the eatin' beans around the campfire! :eek:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I hope we hear from him sooner or later! I'd say more like the eatin' beans around the campfire! :eek:
Well, this too shall pass. -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lookin' good, Bob! ;) Ever hear from our Dutch buddy anymore?:confused:

Yes, I was wondering about Jan as well. I've been way too busy for a retired man lately and missed out on spending (wasting) time here. Hope the old fart is still crashing planes into the water!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Yes, I was wondering about Jan as well. I've been way too busy for a retired man lately and missed out on spending (wasting) time here. Hope the old fart is still crashing planes into the water!!

Michael

Wow, Michael, a voice from the past! Retirement is not meant to go into hiding. We haven't had anybody to pick on! Glad to see you back and hope all is well with you and your family AND enjoying retirement!

Rick :cool::cool:

Yeah we're good! A lot of time on the road lately, which wasn't easy during the Corona shutdown. And I sure didn't intend to fly!!

I lost a brohter and a brother in law in the last few months. Both were disabled Marine Vietnam combat vets, so I traveled to their hometowns and played Taps at their funerals.

I've also traveled to Washington State and then to Ohio for college graduation parties for a great niece and nephew. The nephew is working towards his MBA, the niece got her MS and is heading on to a PHD program in ecology.

BTW: The ecology major lives in Ohio but got her Masters at Nebraska?? The paper pushing wannabe lives in Puget Sound. Common sense says to me it'd be the other way around!

I haven't "flown" much for a bit, mainly just with FS9. I can't get back into the P3D system I bought two or three years ago and have been too stubborn to spend another $100+ there. I have FS 2020 but don't like the single view only option nor the scenery it provides. I'm not into a Play Station format anyway. With all the little hints, pop-ups, arrows pointing out scenery you already spotted, etc., it reminds me of "exercising" with Wii Fit. Plus their entire flight control key setup is totally different from what has been the flight sim standard for probably 15 years. I've not gotten around to converting all their input keys to the long standard system. As it appears they're all about the hand held controllers anyway plus I don't want to have to be online all the time, I probably won't even bother.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

• 3 weeks later...
So much weather to tackle in a Cessna! Great shot. Hope you are well.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]