msfs 2020 will not start after 5/25/21 update

after updating msfs 2020 on 5/25/21, it will not restart. I get error message 0x8007139F. has anyone else reported this error and does anyone have a solution?

jimbo249

Did a quick search for your error code, found this

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2021/06/01/695-msfs-gaming-services-error-fix/

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I don't get that particular error message, but since the update last week I've had nothing but CTDs! Before the alleged "update" I had two months of error-free bliss (except for when trying to open a saved flight, but that's another issue). Now i'm batting less than .500 in opening ANY flight!

What is the matter with these people? I appreciate their attempts to upgrade, but it seems to this computer non-expert that they don't know what they are doing.

I refuse to believe that my repeated CTDs are unrelated to the May 25 "update."

My favorite motto: "LEAVE THE WELL ENOUGH ALONE."

It would be nice to give us a choice. When opening MSFS, give us a message "Update pending: Update now or Later(pause 5 days). "

Then you know it needs updating, but not forced to immediately go into the update process.

Pat

Although it’s possible to use the sim offline, it’s mainly an online based sim. For this reason they want us all to have to the same, up to date version. That’s why the updates are always mandatory and doesn’t let you fly without updating first.

I suppose if you were using it offline only then you wouldn’t have to update.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I don't get that particular error message, but since the update last week I've had nothing but CTDs! Before the alleged "update" I had two months of error-free bliss (except for when trying to open a saved flight, but that's another issue). Now i'm batting less than .500 in opening ANY flight!

What is the matter with these people? I appreciate their attempts to upgrade, but it seems to this computer non-expert that they don't know what they are doing.

Quick answer, which has also been pushed on another thread, is empty your Community Folder then try and restart. If this goes okay it's something in your addons causing the problem - quite common after an update until the addon dev produces a fix. The bad news is identifying which one (or more!) it is.

Would you please explain in more detail what you did to fix the problem. In other words where you found registry

microsoft store and what the duplicate keys are and after deleting both keys reinstall what. Please forgive my

lack of computer knowledge.

jimbo 249

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure your windows are up to date with the latest whatevers. I had the same issue and found my windows 10 was out of date..Problem solved

I have had MSFS 2020 running great since it came out (Store download)

Just installed patch 1.17.3.0 and now the start screen comes up the patch number is on the grey toolbar at the top, the default music starts to play but my screen apart from the toolbar is black.

No xbox or asobo or blackshart ai screens - no picture of the arc de triomphe absolutely nothing. all i get is the music that starts once the picture of the arc de triomphe appears (my last update was the european one thats why it maybe has paris at the start.

Has anyone else experienced this.

Tom

If it were me I would just delete MSFS and start a fresh install, that way you know you don't have any hangovers from the previous editions...... Plus the download is quicker now since they have the file size down in size, I found sometimes a fresh start is the solution..... Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz