Bridges under water/Looking like Dams

This is my big gripe, a lot of bridges with parts under water (where the traffic is, lol) and then a lot of them looking like a dam.

Attaching an example of the Matthews Bridge in Jacksonville, FL.

0022.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I've noticed this too. Ruins a many nice screen shots when you have to hide Asobo's flaws. I'm seriously concidering going back to P3D For a while...this is really not funny anymore with Asobo, and they don't fix what they break.
Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

I'm not at the point of switching sims, but not happy looking at my favorite bridges looking the way they look.
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

do you get the same wit the Dames Point and Buckman bridges too?

AD

I don't remember off hand, however, the Main St bridge on the north side begins/ends prior to reaching land.

The Acosta and Fuller Warren though both are correct.

Looking at your example made me wonder if the river was flooded or maybe the bridge was misplaced on the river. So I looked at a real image...

AR-301259972.jpg

WOW! That's quite a steep approach to the bridge. Maybe sending examples to Asobo might get them fixed in a future update. If not, keep a eye out for third party scenery.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

do you get the same wit the Dames Point and Buckman bridges too?

AD

Here is the Dames Point and Buckman

0023.jpg

0024.jpg

Have to agree my little "gripes" are what you described with the bridges and making all palm trees look like pillars. I would hope with these massive scenery updates they would include:

1. Fix bridges

2. Fix palm trees

3. Make trees smaller (certain types?)

But I'll keep flyin'

I have received several e-mails about this issue in response to my zen desk complaints.

The local DEM data is in error in the immediate vicinity of the structure underwater. Each problematic structure must be corrected by hand, either the structure or land elevation must be changed. Long slow process and not of high priority.

i7-9700K / 32GB DDR4 memory / RTX 3060 Ti with 8GB /Flight Sim on SSD and Win10 on separate SSD / 375 MegaBit / Second internet connection / HP Reverb G2

I have received several e-mails about this issue in response to my zen desk complaints.

The local DEM data is in error in the immediate vicinity of the structure underwater. Each problematic structure must be corrected by hand, either the structure or land elevation must be changed. Long slow process and not of high priority.

Hmmm, interesting.

Thx!

The local DEM data is in error in the immediate vicinity of the structure underwater. Each problematic structure must be corrected by hand, either the structure or land elevation must be changed.

Sounds like a project for one of the modders over at flightsim.to - I wonder if mappamundi would be interested? He did the global terrain spikes fix and the (mostly Europe) water climbing cliffs fix.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64