This new update is a pain for my system... I never had CTDs in the past 6 months and no pause either

Today my fps went from 20 25 landing at KLAX to 10 to 12 and a CTD

I tried a less detailed airport such as KPHX and got a CTD after numerous pauses

I really think it is time for MS to allow people to decide for themselves if they want the update or not and to offer the option to return to a previous version

J-Louis

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

Hi, sorry to hear you’re having problems. I won’t have time to update until the weekend but it’s something to look forward to.

“ I really think it is time for MS to allow people to decide for themselves if they want the update or not and to offer the option to return to a previous version”

Unfortunately that would only work if the sim was meant for use offline. As it’s mainly an online sim, everyone needs to be on the same version, hence the updates all being mandatory

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I presume you removed all your add ons from your community folder?

If not, and you are using some WT add ons there are updates available.

17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD

I did experience some lower FPS while flying over downtown Jacksonville, FL last night, first time it did that. Will continue testing.
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks Steve, you're right I still forget it is an online sim

I am working on eliminating the pauses and CTD by cleaning up my Community folder

Regards

J-Louis

Very good point Hans, emptying the community folder eliminated pauses and CTDs.. Now I need to find the cause of that.

Thanks for the reminder!

J-Louis

Unfortunately that would only work if the sim was meant for use offline. As it’s mainly an online sim, everyone needs to be on the same version, hence the updates all being mandatory

Regards

Steve

Now you've got here an excellent point that summarizes all the situation.

It took me some time to realize it, and to be honest, that's something that has me uneasy. More than a game/sim in the traditional sense, it's like having an extension of the Operating System.

Well, I guess that's OK as long as they don't raise the hardware requirements after every update, which I'm not really sure about (and I'm not including here the increasing hard disk needs). In other words, it's not fair to change the rules once the match is started...

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

no problems this end........ Note: I only have iron maiden livery in the community folder and nothing else apart from that it's equal to a fresh installation.... no problems ... My way of approaching this sim is to keep it clean until Asobo has signed off on it...... and it's worked so far... none of this is it the sim or is it the mod whatever, it also allowed me to hone in on the issues on my rig by taking me out of the ctd equation.... it's not always the sim causing CTDs in my experience and there is a lot more to building a rig than slapping the parts together, that's been a new learning curve for me but successful..... ON-Line sim lol I only turned on online a few days ago, and I've had the sim 5 months now... had to turn on line off because of all the pointless clutter/swarms of Drones from the pilots POV, that's become my new pet hate, thanks ASOBO for that!!!!!!!!! ASOBO " We are sorry about that we have placed an off tab to tun the drones names off in the settings" would be good to see and hear Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

What a mess, nothing works. Constant CTDs in the main menus and in flight as well. Many aircraft do not work correctly anymore.

Very frustrating to go through this with every update.

Sorry to hear you’re having problems. What are your computer specs? Did you make sure your community folder was empty before updating? There are many factors to consider before saying nothing works.

I tend to update everything in the MS Store first & then launch the sim so it can update itself. Although this time I actually did a full, clean install but most people wouldn’t want to do that.. but it all appears to be running well.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

I agree. I have not made any long flights since the update, but shorts flights have flown without incident.

It sounds like you have some incompatible addons in your installation? Have you tried taking everything out of your community folder and try running the sim? Also, do you have plenty of empty disk space on your storage device?

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Hi, with an I7-9700 @ 3.0 GHz, a GeForce GTX 1660, and a 500Gb SSD, I think my system is only slightly above average specs, but by no means a top-end machine. Even so, MSFS has always worked like a charm to me, never had to reinstall it, and never observed any serious problem with the updates.

No secrets here: just keeping my system tidy and rabidly updated, and not demanding much from it (a standard 1920x1080 monitor is enough to me).

I don't have problems with the Community folder either, but have always found surprising that they invented such an easy and handy method to include 3rd party add-ons (just drop them in a folder), only to require it to be emptied and revised after every update, not to mention the use of external software just to manage its contents.

If only I could be of more help!!

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Glad it’s working again :)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta
The iPad’s crazy spellchecker keeps typing incorrectly!