Monitor Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ1A IPS 27" QHD 170Hz FreeSync / G-SYNC Compatible

Hi

Is this a goof monitor to MSFS? - Monitor Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ1A IPS 27" QHD 170Hz FreeSync / G-SYNC Compatible

It seems that monitors with HDR10 are good, but with 48-144 Hz of RR and when FS is "set" more or less between 20 and 60 fps, I will get tearing, stutters and so on. Is it true? Someone said that I should buy a monitor with fixed rate like 60 Hz, but then I cannot take profite of the monitor in other things and I cannot be over 60 frames as well. Another person said I will get problems at 30, at 45 and 60 fps. I don't know which kind of problems.

Since this discussion of choosing a new monitor is taking already more than 3 months in other foruns, I would like to have an answer about this monitor first, because it is in a good price.

For second option, an opinion about Monitor LG 27" 27GL850-B IPS QuadHD 144Hz FreeSync which is G-Sync compatible as well.

I have Asus RTX 3090 and i9-10900K and I would like to fly in a 2K resolution with Ultra settings and all extra addons. a 4K resolution will probably drop frames down to 20 with all those extras.

Thanks.

I think you may be getting some bad advice? I don't know anything about that monitor, but most tearing and stutters in MSFS comes from a data bottleneck such as a slow internet connection, a slow storage drive, slower older memory, or an older GPU.

If it were me and I was concerned, I would contact Asus tech support and ask them rather than getting advice from some unknown "authority" on the forums.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I think you may be getting some bad advice? I don't know anything about that monitor, but most tearing and stutters in MSFS comes from a data bottleneck such as a slow internet connection, a slow storage drive, slower older memory, or an older GPU.

If it were me and I was concerned, I would contact Asus tech support and ask them rather than getting advice from some unknown "authority" on the forums.

I am building a new computer... When I say "I have Asus RTX 3090 and i9-10900K..." I mean "I will have" because they are in my room prepared to be unpacked together with all other computer parts.

I don't see how that changes my advice? I suspect it will work fine. But I don't know anything about that specific device? I think it is legitimate to call Asus and ask if their product will work under a set of program conditions. You don't have to own it to ask the question, nor do you have to have completed your build.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

What sim? You said MSFS but that's not clear.

The term MSFS is often used to describe FSX FS9 (and all versions before that.).

Some say MSFS when they actully mean FS2020.

Also, why would you set the in-game framerate to more then 30 or 40 fps? It's not as if the human eye can see any difference...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]