New Info On FSX Activation Issue.

Okay heres how this whole thing started.

I downloaded FSX Deluxe to a USB drive, amazon sent it to me out the blue..(I didn't order it they just sent it to me).

Ok, I'm looking for a new sim anyway so what the heck, i downloaded it to the USB.

Get to the activation srceen and begin to input the product key, as it turns out the product key is wrong.

Meassage says activate now or later i choose later, the sim comes up no problem.

Now heres where it gets weird, i unplug the USB in safe mode then, restart computer and start FSX installed on my desktop.

I have had FSX on my desktop for years all of a sudden, it's now asking me to use a product key to activate the sim.

What gives?!

I no longer have the product key, to the sim i have on my desktop.

Guess amazon sent me a used sim, in a box that wasn't associated with it.

I read an ad on Amazon: FSX Gold $ 179,99, note: on Steam it's $ 24,99. On Steam it's: Genuine FSX Gold version, no code's or authorization issues whatsoever, you'll be flying in 15 mins. And you get the ability to check the Sim's integrity at any time.

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

If I am understanding correctly, you didn't order it and didn't pay for it? If that is the case, you have probably been scammed. Amazon has two levels of products, actual Amazon stocked and shipped, and independent marketers that can list under the Amazon site. A few of these independent marketers abuse the opportunity. I would not be surprised that this USB device also has some "bonus" software included, which will allow the scammer to load nefarious malware. I would immediately run a virus scan. Also, don't be surprised if you find several billings for expensive cameras or electronics, shipped to Lebanon or Belarus, on your Amazon account? Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

It is not my intent to be over critical, but if anyone (business or personal) sent you something you didn’t order, why would you install it on your computer? If you had FSX on your computer when you did this, your files were probably overwritten causing your problem you now have.
Jetline GT2, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, liquid cooled i7 9700K, 750 PSU, 2 TB SSD, MSFS 2020, P3D V4.5 and FSXSE.

Well your right it was a bad move on my part but, my thinking at the time was.

Since i placed it on an external USB drive and not my computer, i didn't think this would happen.

Like vegas:whats goes on a USB drive, stays on a USB drive..Thats what thought at the time, hell anyone would have thought that.:eek:

If I am understanding correctly, you didn't order it and didn't pay for it? If that is the case, you have probably been scammed. Amazon has two levels of products, actual Amazon stocked and shipped, and independent marketers that can list under the Amazon site. A few of these independent marketers abuse the opportunity. I would not be surprised that this USB device also has some "bonus" software included, which will allow the scammer to load nefarious malware. I would immediately run a virus scan. Also, don't be surprised if you find several billings for expensive cameras or electronics, shipped to Lebanon or Belarus, on your Amazon account?
...Yeah your right my T-4 external hardrive can be infected, I'm going to run a check on it today.

Thanks for that advice!...I'm going to get a new account as well.

What a USB can do when plugged in is 'autorun' and install software, or a trojan, or a virus. YOU did not put any files in USB so you don't know what is or isn't there IF IT CAME FROM A 3rd PARTY (-via- Amazon, EBay, or other). Even if you first 'look' at what is there the BAD FILES can be hidden, or be 'activated' on plugging in USB and by then it's too late. I would never install ANYTHING from a USB with pre-install files. Send me a zip file in my email and we can talk. Otherwise - NO DICE on ANY USB 'soft' ware. You can't be too careful. AND - there is NO 'free lunch' on the net. None!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Well i did a virus check on my external hard drive and, no issues were found on any of the files.

Now the question becomes..Does anyone know where i can get a new version of FSX and acceleration?

Mirosoft doesn't have any on their website, they are only carrying flightsim 2020, many people are saying it sucks!

The graphics are great but the sim it self well, it needs a bit of work not many third party planes to choose from neither.

I'm backing up all my aircraft and addon scenery files just in case, i can no longer get into the sim.

Man i miss flying i haven't flown the whole month of Ramadan and, so far this month as well.

Getting a new computer and building my sim from scratch, i need to find those two sims though.

Thanks for the input.

Just to comment on your FS2020 remarks. Your experience will depend greatly on the quality of your computer system. The product does demand a lot of power to run well. At 1080p, an I5 8600 with a GTX 1070 or GTX 1660ti and a fast SSD with over 500gb of free space will work fine. It won't work well on an older processor with a HDD and older video card. Most of the problems are created by folks trying to run it on an old system or a laptop or folks that want to add new addons without checking if they cause problems. You also have to have a good internet connection with pretty fast download speed. You are correct that there are not a lot of quality addons yet. I run the program pretty trouble free so far. It is very very different than FSX, and has a lot to unlearn and a lot to relearn to fly the aircraft. There isn't much documentation, but there are a lot of good videos on the net to explain how the autopilots work.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU