Weird structures on screen in fs2020

Last week I suddenly noticed some dome-shaped skeletal grey structures appearing everywhere when I set up a flight. At first they seemed only to affect the UK and Ireland, but yesterday they appeared to have spread into Europe. They make it impossible to fly in fs2020, and to say I'm annoyed would be putting it very mildly.

I've tried removing everything except "Asobo" items from the Community folder, but to no avail. I am adding a screenshot to illustrate these horrible intruders and the mess they are making of my simming. Incidentally, they do not appear in X-Plane 11.

I shall be eternally grateful if anyone has suggestions as to what I should do to be rid of this mess.

Gordon Wilkinson

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.05.09 - 16.14.17.94.jpg

I've tried removing everything except "Asobo" items from the Community folder, but to no avail.

There shouldn't be any Asobo items in your Community folder. All Asobo items should be in your Official folder.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Try exiting Dev Mode, and see if they are still there.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Last week I suddenly noticed some dome-shaped skeletal grey structures appearing everywhere when I set up a flight. At first they seemed only to affect the UK and Ireland, but yesterday they appeared to have spread into Europe. They make it impossible to fly in fs2020, and to say I'm annoyed would be putting it very mildly.

I've tried removing everything except "Asobo" items from the Community folder, but to no avail. I am adding a screenshot to illustrate these horrible intruders and the mess they are making of my simming. Incidentally, they do not appear in X-Plane 11.

I shall be eternally grateful if anyone has suggestions as to what I should do to be rid of this mess.

Gordon Wilkinson

Looks like the ghost of Buckminster Fuller is haunting your sim.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Every time I switch planes using Developer Mode, these structures appear...

As Stempski said, just exit Developer Mode and these items will be gone

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

Every time I switch planes using Developer Mode, these structures appear...

As Stempski said, just exit Developer Mode and these items will be gone

Unfortunately, I've tried all of these suggestions and the blasted images are still there.

What else can I do to get my fs2020 back, please?

Thank you all for your replies.

Get out of developer mode. Do not return. Exit MSFS. reboot your computer. Go back into MSFS. Stay out of developer mode.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Strangely enough, whilst I was talking to a friend on the phone yesterday and starting up fs2020, all was well again. I thanked him for his help, even though he doesn't even have or understand fs2020.

I say "Strangely enough" because I had tried before to see if removing developer mode made a difference but without success. I have been running this very useful device for long enough without suffering any problems. Why is it suddenly the Big Bad Wolf?

Thanks to everyone for the advice given. I really had begun to think I would never again be able to use fs2020.

I have seen a very similar post on the official forum, with someone suggesting an option within developer mode might have been enabled.

Might be worth going back into developer mode to make sure nothing has a tick against it that shouldn’t have.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/developers-mode-problem-giant-spheres/403354

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles