Thrustmaster Hotas throttle annoying problem

This is really weird. I had the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One for years with FSX/SE. It worked great, always reliable. Then a month ago, the throttle lever started giving me a range of 50% engine power to a 100%. Pushing the throttle all the way down has no effect. No idle position. The minimum power setting starts at 50%! So obviously I cannot fly any plane. The only way to bring the power to idle is by hitting the F1 on the keyboard. The same phenomenon happens in the Aerofly 1 sim. When I calibrate the hardware, the throttle bar is shown halfway up, even though the physical throttle is in the lowest position.

So I thought, OK, my joystick is 8 years old, time for a new one.

I bought a new Hotas One, installed the latest drivers and firmware (1.17), and what do you know? Exactly the same problem! What a waste of money.

I wrote to support, and first they said it's a hardware problem and I shoud return it to the seller. Then they suggested installing the HOTAS on another pc. I did that, and this time the throttle behavior was perfect. So it's a software issue. The device is OK

I'm wondering what caused this problem. I did install some aircraft addons two months ago, but don't see how that would affect the device.

Any help would be most appreciated..

Eytan Ornstein

Just wanted to add that I've seen posts that share the same problems, and tried their advice.

Like reducing sensitivities to zero in the settings, controls. Or pressing F1 in a flight, with the physical throttle all the way down, and saving the flight. none of these resolved the problem.

Eytan

Hi guys

Just lucky I guess. I was playing around with options-controls-settings in FSX. When I pressed reset to default settings, I noticed it put the throttle at 100, while ailerons and elevators were lowered to zero. Then I callibrated the HOTAS and noticed that the throttle axis was showing full movement from 0 to 100% power. Halleluiah!

So that worked. I was spared the nightmare of reinstalling FSX and its many addons in order to resolve the issue.

Eytan