CTD on opening OPTIONS > General

Apologies to all those who may have seen this post on other Forums.

I am running MSFS vers. 1.15.10.0.

After update 1.15.8.0 I have been unable to access my Options > General settings. Everytime I try, the screen mists over and I am returned to my Desktop.

When I check Event Viewer I always receive the same error message :-

Description:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6087d3ea

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e

Faulting process ID: 0x2640

Faulting application start time: 0x01d744e89bb3247c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Report ID: 117928aa-093e-4d9b-845d-c4e873687db1

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I have been told by some that this CTD is caused by not having the ENGLISH (United States) Language pack installed. Not only is it installed but so have been ALL of the Speech/Region/Date and Time formats without any success whatsoever.

The Flight Sim is still flyable even though I cannot change any of the parameters stored within OPTIONS > General. I appear to be running with those settings that were in place before this fault developed. How long that will last is anyone's guess.

MSFS has been fully reinstalled - no change.

Windows has been reset and MSFS reinstalled - no change.

Windows has been fully wiped and MSFS reinstalled - no change.

Any ideas please?

hard to believe that you reinstalled windows and still have the problem

did you install the "Official" base msfs directory in another drive?

what option you chose when reinstalling?

the "keep user account and files"?

I once had a different problem that was resolved reinstalling win 10

You should have chosen a complete clean Windows installation from Cloud, (not from the local backup), for this you must first copy all your personal files and directories, photos etc into another drive

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Hi Some People think that re-Installing windows is the here all end all well I can tell you its not lol and should only be done as a very absolute last resort i personally never reinstall windows, on my old system I used the same copy of windows for over for 4 yrs ,I dont think I could contemplate having to install all the updates etc let alone 164gig for flight sim but if thats what someone feels is needed thats up to them but i can help noticeing the number of people in the forum that reinstall windows on a regular basis .

regards

Abdrew

MSFS has been fully reinstalled - no change.

Windows has been reset and MSFS reinstalled - no change.

Windows has been fully wiped and MSFS reinstalled - no change.

Any ideas please?

Is your antivirus blocking flightsimulator.exe?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

What is your storage device and how much empty storage do you have? Also, how is your memory configuration?
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU