P3d v5 Lighting

ryanspringer2294

Hi there,

I have recently switched to P3D v5 after using v4 for the last few years, and I am having a very strange problem with the lighting.

There is no night lighting at airports, both third-party and default scenery. Additionally aircraft taxi lights only seem to work at certain airports, and even then, not always.

Here are some screenshots of the problems (the airport addon is VTBS by AA Sceneries):

p3dlighting1.jpg

Notice the taxi lights are on, however, earlier today I flew to this exact airport with this exact aircraft, and no taxi lights.

Here you can see the (lack of) lighting in the airport:

p3dlighting2.jpg

Taxi lights seem only to work if I start a flight at night time, and not if I start at daytime and fly through to the night, or if I switch airports.

I copied all my aircraft over from my P3D v4 installation, where I never had this problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

There is one very basic problem right here:

"I copied all my aircraft over from my P3D v4 installation"

You cannot do that and expect no problems - v. 5 is NOT v. 4.

At the very least, you have to:

1. Check with the developer for each and every aircraft (or other add-on) for v. 5 compatibility, and

2. Install every aircraft or other add-on (compatible ONLY) into v. 5, as opposed to copying them over.

Jorgen

There is one very basic problem right here:

"I copied all my aircraft over from my P3D v4 installation"

You cannot do that and expect no problems - v. 5 is NOT v. 4.

At the very least, you have to:

1. Check with the developer for each and every aircraft (or other add-on) for v. 5 compatibility, and

2. Install every aircraft or other add-on (compatible ONLY) into v. 5, as opposed to copying them over.

Jorgen

I don't use any payware aircraft, so there shouldn't be any problems there, and all the scenery I have installed is P3D v5 compatible. As mentioned, I am also having this problem at default airports.

Does anyone know how I would go about fixing this problem? :)

In other words, you copied default v. 4 aircraft over? Same thing applies as with payware aircraft, they will not necessarily work and may be the cause of your problems.

With copying you don't get the possible associated effects and textures anyway, and they may also be incompatible.

Jorgen

In other words, you copied default v. 4 aircraft over? Same thing applies as with payware aircraft, they will not necessarily work and may be the cause of your problems.

With copying you don't get the possible associated effects and textures anyway, and they may also be incompatible.

Jorgen

I use freeware addon aircraft (such as TDS, Project Airbus etc), all of which are compatible with v5. I copied the texture and effects folders over from v4 and I still have trouble with night lighting. Additionally, there is still no night lighting in any airports, both default and payware. I installed the payware airports using the official exe installer compatible with v5, so I don't see where the problem would be.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)